Teaching & Learning: Accessing Support Services
Updated April 1, 2020
The Tutt LIbrary building is closed, but staff are providing services remotely. See the library website for details.
If you need help with Canvas, please email or call the ITS: Solutions Center first. The Solutions Center team will answer your question if possible and will send it to the Canvas administrator if not.
Please also remember that CC has 24/7 support from Canvas Support. You can reach Canvas Support by clicking the ? button on the left of any page in Canvas.
As of Monday, March 16, all workshops offered through ITS have gone online.
The Colket Center for Academic Excellence
The Colket Center will be offering remote academic support services, including online tutoring, learning assistants, and adjunct courses. Students will be accessing synchronous (real-time) tutoring through online platforms. If you would like to consult with professional staff members regarding support for your class, please email them directly.
Quantitative Reasoning Center
The QRC will offer all services remotely. Updates will be posted here. Please address questions to Steve Getty or Karen Chui: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Virtual study tables: Students can participate in group study tables by course here.
- Learning assistants: Students can join their course learning assistant for “office hours” here.
- Individual tutors: Students can request an individual tutor at this link.
The Writing Center is offering services remotely through Block 8. For appointments during break, you can email one of the professional staff members directly:
Kat Bell firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Schacht email@example.com
Roy Jo Sartin firstname.lastname@example.org
During Blocks 7 and 8, students can schedule appointments in WCOnline.
Cultural and linguistic diversity (CLD) education specialist
To make an appointment to work remotely with the CLD education specialist, email Chelsea Walter directly at email@example.com
Thesis writing specialist
To make an appointment to work remotely with the thesis writing specialist, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIS Lab and Geospatial Services
To make an appointment to work remotely with the GIS Technical Director, email Matt Cooney directly at email@example.com.
Accessibility Resources is committed to providing full support to students, faculty, and others who reach out to us. Accommodations will be provided for distance learning classes. We understand that online learning may present unique challenges, so we are ready to provide individualized support to students and faculty who have questions about access and accommodations. Please get in touch with us if we can be of help in any way. Accessibility Resources can be reached by calling (719) 227-8285 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Opportunities and Advising Hub
The Student Opportunities and Advising Hub is available to support students. Staff can talk with students about their current academic plans and answer questions and will be providing support for pre-registration advising later in the semester.
Students can schedule a meeting with any of the Hub advisors by going to the Hub webpage. The staff advisor will contact you to arrange for a meeting on a platform you can support from home.
Faculty who are concerned about students are encouraged to reach out to Teresa Leopold at: email@example.com
- Spring 2021 Plan
- CC Community Commitment: COVID-19 Health and Safety
- Facilities Operations & Closures
- Support Resources for Students
- Request Support From the Coronavirus Emergency Response Fund
- Give to the Emergency Response Fund
- HR: Working Through COVID-19
- Colorado College's Report on the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (CARES Act) - Student Portion
- Colorado College's Report on the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (CARES Act) - Institutional Portion
- Form to Report Plans for Working Onsite
- Printable Safety Posters
- Teaching & Learning Resources
- Accessing Support Services
- Classroom Protocols
- For Students: 4 Tips for Learning Online
- Practices for Supporting International Students Abroad — Suggestions for Staff and Faculty
- Study Abroad & Other International Travel
- UCHealth Optum Triage Line
- Virtual Fitness Resources
- Wellness & Mental Health
- Face Mask Recommendations
Emergency Response Fund
Because many in the Colorado College community asked how they can help, we have established the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Emergency Response Fund to meet needs during these uncertain times. Many of our alumni, parents, and friends, as well as members of our Board of Trustees and the president’s cabinet, have contributed. The fund also provides the college with resources to respond to unexpected expenses developing during this crisis and for lost revenue.
If you wish to contribute, please visit https://ourcc.coloradocollege.edu/covid19responsefund