Athletic Facility Use Policy
Athletic facilities include all outdoor playing fields, courts and track, the El Pomar Sports Center, the Schlessman Natatorium and the Honnen Ice Rink. These facilities are available primarily for the use by Colorado College students, faculty and staff. There are special guidelines for the Honnen Ice Rink as it is an auxiliary enterprise of the College.
The entire Athletic Program, to include intercollegiate, intramural, club sports, recreation and the Sport Science are entitled to use the athletic facilities. However, because the College has limited facilities as well as a multi-divisional structure, it is necessary to honor the following priority use policy:
- Intercollegiate sports have top priority in the use of all outdoor fields, courts and track, the Schlessman Pool and the El Pomar Sports Center.
- Traditional season home contests.
- Traditional season neutral contests.
- Traditional season team practices.
- Non-traditional season home contests.
- Women’s Division I soccer spring practices.
- Visiting team practices.
- Division III non-traditional season practices BEFORE 6:00 p.m., Sunday through Thursday.
- In-season intramural activities.
- Activities scheduled by the Department of Athletics (e.g. Alumni Event)
- In-season club sports.
- Division III non-traditional season practices AFTER 6:00 p.m., Sunday through Thursday.
- Department of Athletics sponsored clinics and/or camps.
- Activities scheduled by a Colorado College department outside of Department of Athletics (e.g. camp and/or clinic scheduled by Summer Conferences).
- Groups outside of the Colorado College community, including external camps.
The above priorities may be altered on a case-by-case basis with the agreement of the coaches and/or administrators involved.
Sport Science classes have priority in the use of classroom #202 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The scheduling of all athletic facilities must be requested through and approved by the Director of Operations. The scheduling of Honnen Ice Rink must be through and approved by the manager of the rink.