Skip to main content area Skip to sub-navigation
Skip to main content
ccbound - mountains

Important Information from the Registrar

(719) 389-6610 | Registrar’s Office 
(719) 389-6613 | Phillip Apodaca, Registrar
(719) 389-6312 | Karla Roth, Associate Registrar  
(719) 389-6273 | Candace Santa Maria, Assistant Registrar  


Validation is mandatory for all students at the beginning of each semester.  Validation is different from being enrolled in courses; it validates that you are here on campus.  Blue cards will be placed in your Worner box and must be returned by the first Friday of the semester; if not returned, a late fine may be assessed.  If you are a new student you will need to go through registration on the designated day during New Student Orientation.  Failure to validate on time will result in a late charge and possible loss of classes.

Drop / Add Procedures

You may add a course at any time prior to the beginning of the block without a signature as long as class lists have not been sent, (generally the Thursday before the block begins).  Once the block has begun, you may add or change a course during the first two days of the block, with the signature of both the add and drop professors.  You have until the second Tuesday of the block at 5 p.m. to drop a course.  The deadline is the same for two-block courses.  Keep in mind that dropping a course may put you at a disadvantage in completing your requirements for graduation in the usual four-year time frame and may cause a financial loss as well.

If you are allowed into a course because you were on the wait list, you must have the professor sign an add form and bring it to the Registrar’s Office.  If you are enrolled in another class, you must have that signature, as well, before we can process and add your new course.  If you do not follow this procedure you risk not receiving credit for that course.  In addition, you lose your option for the “P” grade track if you have not elected that choice within the first four days of the block.  It is a good idea to check that your schedule accurately reflects the classes you are enrolled in.

Procedures for adding or dropping adjunct and extended format courses are the same as for regular courses, except the time period to drop/add is different.  You may drop an adjunct or extended format course, if it meets all semester, prior to the end of the first block.  If the extended format course meets all year, you may drop it without penalty, prior to the end of the second block.  Two-block adjuncts have the same drop period as a regular course, (before the end of the second Tuesday of the block).

Grades and Grade Track Policy

College students’ records are protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  It restricts institutions from releasing grades and other educational records without a student’s written permission.  Students may view their grades online through Access after grades have been submitted and recorded by the registrar’s office.  Since the system is student-controlled, we encourage students to share grade information with their parents.  Parents can access grades through Access by knowing their student’s ID number and PIN.  Students can also request official transcripts from the registrar’s office which includes complete course, grade, and gpa information.

The college provides a two-track system for credit to all students. In a given course, you may choose to be graded by either the G, grade track or P, pass/fail designation:

G, grade track:  A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D and NC (no credit) 


P, pass/fail:  S, CR, NC (No credit) S= A through C-, CR = D+, D; NC = No Credit 

For purposes of computing your grade point average, the schedule below will be used.

A 4.0
A- 3.7
B+ 3.3
B 3.0
B- 2.7
C+ 2.3
C 2.0
C- 1.7
D+ 1.3
D 1.0
NC 0.0

P track grades are not calculated in the GPA; however, a grade of NC under either grade track option is calculated in the GPA.  D+ and D grades fulfill graduation requirements under the G and P track; however, they do not fulfill major or prerequisite requirements.  There are no restrictions placed on the number of courses you may choose under each option.  However, you are expected to choose the option by which you wish to be graded at the time you register for courses.  No change in the grading option is permitted after the fourth day of class without extenuating circumstances.  The Registrar automatically assigns students a grading track for those who do not sign up for the course.  You may, with permission of the course professor, audit a course, (Z track), no credit toward graduation will be awarded, but the audit, if completed successfully, will be recorded on your transcript.

Declaration of major and changing advisors

When you have completed 16 units, and therefore, have junior standing, you must declare a major.  Once you have declared your major, you can plan your courses carefully. Your declaration enables each department to be prepared to offer sufficient sections of classes required for each major, particularly thesis sections.   Remember, you can change your major at any time.  Some departments require you to have an adviser in the department of your major.  Forms for declaring your major and changing your adviser are available in the Registrar’s Office, or you may download the form from the Registrar’s webpage.

Regardless of your academic class, if you want to change your adviser, try to do it a couple of weeks before pre-registration in the spring (usually mid-March).  Your file and registration materials will then go to your new advisor so you will be able to discuss your registration for the following year.

Excused grades

Colorado College does not have a withdraw/passing grade unless the student withdraws from Colorado College.  After the official drop period for a class has ended, a student may be excused from the class if illness or other extenuating circumstances are present. You must be passing the course at the time you wish to be excused from the class.  You will be required to state why you want to be excused from the class and must include a recommendation from your professor.  Medical documentation will be required. You must petition for an excused grade from one of the registrars.

Progress Reports

Your progress report and transcript can be found on the student online system. These reports are very valuable to you and your adviser.  If you have any questions about your report, do not hesitate to check with your adviser or the Registrar’s Office to get the answers you need.  Ultimately, you are responsible for your academic progress, but the Registrar’s Office has an “open door” policy and its staff is ready to help you reach your academic goals.


Students may request transcripts either online or you may complete a request found online at or at the registrar’s office.  Currently, the college does not send electronic transcripts.  Federal law does not allow us to send your records to anyone without your written permission.  Normally, transcripts are mailed within 3-5 business days.  Students may request ten transcripts each year at no charge.  The charge for additional transcripts beyond the first ten each year is $3.00 each.  We can provide a rush/overnight Fed/Ex service for $25.00 (domestic).

Wait lists

You are permitted to be on one wait list and enrolled in one course each block. Notification will be sent to your CC e-mail address when an opening becomes available in your waitlisted course. You will automatically be added to the course on the grade track you submitted.  At the same time, you will be dropped from any course in which you were enrolled for this same block. 

Please feel free to visit or call the Registrar's Office for any academic information