Like to bike, but don't have a bike? Don't have a car? Have a car, but don't want to drive? Check out PikeRide!
Colorado College has partnered with PikeRide, Colorado Springs' bike share program that provides bikes at convenient locations across campus for use throughout the service area. All PikeRide bikes are electric-assist bikes which make the joy of cycling accessible to many more users. Simply download the PikeRide app and locate a bike to get started.
things to know
We have re-opened the PikeRide form for students who want an alternative mode of getting around Colorado Springs. Student must have a demonstrated need (levels 1,2, or 3) AND must be in communication with CC that they are residing in Colorado Springs for this semester.
Due to the recent announcement made by the college last Friday and the changing population of students on campus, our office has decided to pause all future PikeRide forms submitted to waive the cost of the membership. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause. Please check back in during Block 2.
PikeRide continues to support the CO Springs community during this stressful time providing riders with one free 15-minute ride per day.
When you sign up, you are put on the 'Pay As You Go' plan by default. E-bikes are $1.00 to unlock. After that, they are $0.15 per minute. There is a 24-hour pass for $20, monthly pass for $35, annual pass for $150. More details can be found on their website: https://www.pikeride.org/
If you are a student, Colorado College has purchased a limited number of PikeRide memberships for you (the fee is waived). These are for students who have a demonstrated need (aid levels 1, 2, or 3). If you are an international student, CC also has a limited number of PikeRide memberships purchased for your use.
If you have any questions, please contact our office.
Parking PikeRide At CC:
Vehicles parked on the Colorado College campus MUST be parked at a PikeRide hub. The ride cannot be ended outside of the 4 hubs on campus (Tutt Library, Worner/Cossitt, Armstrong, Fine Arts Center). See below hubs.
Don't Get Charged:
- Vehicles parked outside the coverage area will accrue fees no less than $20.
- Do not block pedestrian walkways or access points when ending your ride.
- Vehicles should always be accessible to the public. Do not lock indoors or restrict public access.
- Memberships must be set up with your @coloradocollege.edu email.
- Riders can park vehicles anywhere within the coverage area for no additional charge.
- Coverage area includes the estimated 15 square miles of the greater Legacy Loop area.
- PikeRide vehicles are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Riders must be 16 year or older.
- Helmets use is encouraged but not required by law.
1. Download the PikeRide app on your phone.
2. Follow the in-app instructions to set up your account using your @coloradocollege.edu email domain.
**BEFORE YOU RIDE: Please read the pricing guidelines.
***STUDENTS ONLY: If you are a student with demonstrated need (aid levels 1, 2, or 3) OR an international student AND have notified the college that you will be residing in the Colorado Springs area for this semester, the PikeRide cost will be waived. Fill out this FORM to get a membership code.
1. Open the PikeRide app on your smart phone.
2. Press the scan button in the app to scan the QR code located on the handlebars.
3. Start riding!
1. Lock your vehicle to a safe object. Bikes must be locked, tethered, and in public right of way when not in use.
2. Follow the in-app instructions to submit a photo of your properly locked vehicle.
* PARKING YOUR BIKE: Vehicles parked on the Colorado College campus MUST be parked at a PikeRide hub station.