Like to bike, but don't have a bike? Don't have a car? Have a car, but don't want to drive? Check out PikeRide!
Colorado College has partnered with PikeRide, a city wide bike share program that allows CC students to use the bikes at highly discounted rates. New this year, all PikeRide bikes are electric-assist bikes which make the joy of cycling accessible to many more users. Simply download the Drop Mobility app and located a bike to get started.
things to know
Pricing & Membership Update: READ BEFORE RIDING
When you sign up, you are put on the 'Pay As You Go' plan by default. E-bikes at $1.00 to unlock. After that, they're $0.15 per minute. If you don't plan to heavily use PikeRide - you can continue to stay on this plan or find another plan that works best for your needs. By using your CC email, we are able to better understand the needs of CC riders for the next year.
IF however you plan to use PikeRide often, Colorado College has an Academic Membership Pass that is ONLY available to the CC community for $99 when you use your @coloradocollege.edu email domain. Once you add your credit card, go to 'View Pricing' and the Academic Membership Pass should be an option. Pay for the pass and you are good to get riding! This gets you up to 80 minutes of riding per day, the clock resets at midnight.
If you have any questions, please contact our office.
Parking PikeRide At CC:
Vehicles parked on the Colorado College campus MUST be parked at a PikeRide hub. The ride cannot be ended outside of the 4 hubs on campus (Tutt Library, Worner/Cossit, Armstrong, Fine Arts Center). See below hubs.
Don't Get Charged:
- Vehicles parked outside the coverage area will accrue fees no less than $20.
- Do not block pedestrian walkways or access points when ending your ride.
- Vehicles should always be accessible to the public. Do not lock indoors or restrict public access.
- Memberships must be set up with your @coloradocollege.edu email.
- Riders can park vehicles anywhere withing the coverage area for no additional charge.
- Coverage area includes the estimated 15 square miles of the greater Legacy Loop area.
- PikeRide vehicles are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Riders must be 16 year or older.
- Helmets use is encouraged but not required by law.
1. Download the Drop Mobility app on your phone.
2. Follow the in-app instructions to set up your account using your @coloradocollege.edu email domain.
**BEFORE YOU RIDE: Please read the Pricing & Membership Update
***STUDENTS ONLY: If you are a student with demonstrated need (aid levels 1, 2, or 3), the PikeRide cost will be waived. Fill out this APPLICATION to get a membership code.
1. Open the Drop Mobility app on your smart phone.
2. Scan the QR code on your vehicle.
3. Ride safely and follow all traffic laws.
* AS A CC RIDER: You get up to 80 minutes of ride time per day if you are an Academic Membership Pass holder. Take a long ride or break it up into small trips. Any daily ride over 80 minutes will accrue an additional .15/minutes on YOUR account.
1. Lock your vehicle to a safe object.
2. Follow the in-app instructions to submit a photo of your properly locked vehicle.
* PARKING YOUR BIKE: Vehicles parked on the Colorado College campus MUST be parked at a PikeRide hub station.