Become An Intern
The Office of Sustainability at Colorado College is a leader for sustainability initiatives. Established in 2013, the Office of Sustainability, alongside the Campus Sustainability Council, works to raise campus awareness and bring sustainability issues to the forefront of conversations and efforts on campus. In order to do this, our office places a great deal of responsibility on motivated and passionate CC students who lead the office toward its goals. Interns are a central piece in the office working on a variety of collaborative and independent projects and initiatives that are often embedded in many different offices across the college.
If you are a student interested in making a difference on campus by working on sustainability issues and initiatives, consider applying for a position with our office. Open positions are announced late Spring semester on the Student Employment page.
* Internship Applications Are Currently Closed *
The following are our current FILLED positions:
- Software Development: Assists in the development and monitoring of the campus Energy Dashboard.
- STARS®: Works to collect and report data for the STARS report. STARS is the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment, and Rating System, administered by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE). It is a comprehensive, self-reporting metric that rates institutions across broad sustainability efforts.
- Marketing: Assists with all marketing and promotional materials to educate and inform the CC community about sustainability programs, events, and initiatives. This position works with the Communications Office to put out blockly newsletters to the entire campus and maintains the office's social media presence.
- Buildings & Grounds: Works closely with Facilities Services on sustainability issues as they pertain to buildings, energy use, water use, grounds, central heating plant, construction, and transportation.
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory: Leads the collection, organization, and calculation of CC's annual greenhouse gas emissions. This position works to track CC's progress in lowering our overall emissions utilizing SIMAP, which is an online calculator to assist in converting emission sources into equivalent metric tons of carbon dioxide.
- Student Life & Leadership: Works to engage student life and leadership across campus. Focused on bringing sustainability issues to the forefront of Residential Life discussions.
- Community Engagement: Engages with off campus community partners, other Higher Education Institutions, and the Collaborative for Community Engagement (CCE) to develop and maintain relationships based on sustainability initiatives.
- Zero Waste: Works to partner with Facilities Services and Sodexo on sustainability issues pertaining to waste diversion.
- Green Programs: Works to expand existing Green Programs, which include, but are not limited to Green Office, Green Room, Green Events, and Course Designation and Catalog Collection. This position heavily collaborates with other Interns as it relates to their spheres, growing and tracking the progress of each program.
- Impact Awareness & Project Planner: Creates a Measurable Impacts Report based on previous year's data collection to implement strategic changes to the CC campus, targeting areas of the STARS report to reach our Platinum goal.