In the Student Life Division, we bring the College’s values and mission to life through our ability to connect, integrate, and engage students. We work together to create a strong sense of place and belonging. We are integrally involved in the student experience, both inside and outside of the classroom. Our goal is to ensure that students can maximize and leverage their time at CC and truly thrive. To that end, we provide an array of intentional and relevant support and resource systems to help our students learn and to develop as leaders.
- We are student-centered – We employ a holistic approach to working with students, recognizing that physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being are the basis of success. Being student-centered does not mean students are always right or always get what they want; rather, we are accessible to listen and appropriately incorporate student input, ideas, and critiques into our decision-making processes.
- We are present – Our staff is the “on the ground” resource for students on a daily basis; we are always here. Whether they need help negotiating a leave, coping with homesickness or mental health issues, need access to academic resources, want to implement creative and fun programming or just need to relax and blow off steam at a great all-campus event, our team actively engages with and builds impactful relationships with our students.
- We are strategic – We develop strategic intervention strategies to respond to crisis situations.
- We are inclusive – Diversity and inclusion are hallmarks of our work; as those who interact most consistently with our increasingly diverse student body, our staff is diverse as well.
- We are teachers and learners – We teach our students how to develop and sustain healthy and thriving communities; we teach resiliency and challenge our students to be their best. We have high expectations, hold students and ourselves accountable, and provide resources on how to be good and engaged members of our community. We model life-long learning.
- We are collaborative – We work collaboratively with academic and other colleagues providing support and resources for students in crisis or distress whether that is guidance and response through the Student Honor & Community Standards Process, which includes Title IX cases, or ensuring students have access to mental health and wellness resources.