Skip to main content area Skip to institutional navigation Skip to sub-navigation

Student Account Questions

What is a Student Account?

All students at CC are assigned a student account. The Student Account is where charges are created. Tuition, Room, Board, Health Insurance Premium (if applicable) and other miscellaneous fees are set up on the Student Account. If you receive a Financial Aid award, this award is credited to the student account. Please remember: Work Study may be part of your financial aid award, but this amount is not credited to the student account. This is an on campus job in which you receive a paycheck for. Also note: Financial Aid awards and loans are not posted until all appropriate paperwork, correspondence and online check-in is completed.

When will I receive my paper invoice?

We no longer mail paper bills. Fall semester invoices will be available online via our online billing site at the end of July. Please make sure that you are signed up on our online billing site. Once signed up, email notifications will be sent via email when a bill is ready to be viewed online.

Spring semester invoices will be available online via our online billing site at the end of November.
Summer semester invoices will be available online via our online billing site at the end of April.

When do monthly statements go out?

We no longer mail paper bills. Monthly statements are normally created around the 15th of each month and are available online IF YOU OWE A BALANCE TO THE COLLEGE. You can access ALL bills online via our online billing site (as noted above).

What does the “balance forward” mean on my monthly statement?

The balance forward reflects charges that have been previously billed and have not yet been paid.

Do you accept credit cards?

Yes. Please click on "Make a Payment" located on the left side of the Student Accounts homepage.

I have a credit balance on my student account, what do I need to do to receive a refund?

Nothing, we automatically refund credit balances. Credit balances are sent to the student at their on campus Worner box. If students are away for the semester, the refund check is sent to their permanent mailing address. If a student wants there credit balance to remain on their student account or sent to another party, they need to contact our office in writing. E-mails are acceptable. Students will need to notify us of this change during the first week of school for each semester.

Why do students receive all Student Account correspondence?

Due to the FERPA regulations, students are held accountable for all aspects of their student account. Students will receive all written and email correspondence from the billing office. If a student does not wish to receive this correspondence, please notify the student accounts office in writing.

How do I change my address or parent address?

All address changes should be communicated in writing to the Registrar’s Office.

What are your payment options?

Payment in Full OR Enroll online in our Outside Payment Plan (administered by Higher One)

Do you offer an in-house payment plan option?


How do I enroll in the Outside Payment Plan (OPP)?

Those families who are interested in making monthly payments are required to enroll online (this process is separate from the online billing site). Please click on the Payment Plan tab at OR go to to enroll online.

How does the Outside Payment Plan work?

Flexible semester plans are available. The earlier you enroll, the more payments you will be allowed and the smaller your payment. There is a $35 per semester enrollment fee. During the enrollment process, you will set up your payment method with Higher One. Higher One will email you monthly when a bill is ready to be viewed online. All payments are made directly to Higher One. Higher One sends your monthly payment to the college via ACH the following month to insure that the funds have cleared the bank. ALL miscellaneous fees that were not set up in your contracted amount to Higher One are owed to the college directly. To view any miscellaneous fees charged to the student account, please log into the online billing site and view the recent activity tab or the newest monthly billing statement.

Can I use the Outside Payment Plan to pay for my Summer Balance?

No. We do not offer the Outside Payment Plan for summer balances owed.

If I am using the Outside Payment Plan when are my payments due in full?

Fall semester plans are due December 1.

Spring semester plans are due May 1.

What if the account is NOT paid by the deadlines?

Student account balances that are not paid by the deadlines will result in the student being placed on financial probation, which may lead to financial suspension. Suspension means the student’s courses are dropped, room reservations are forfeited, and the student is suspended from the college.

What is the difference between my Student Account and the Gold Card Plus Account?

The student account is an account where the student’s educational fees are charged and billed. If you receive financial aid, this is where the financial aid is credited.

The gold card plus account is a pre-paid account, which can be used for on campus use. This account can be used in the bookstore, laundry facilities, vending machines, plays, extracurricular activities, course fees, etc.

Each account is tracked in different systems.

If I have a credit balance in my Gold Card Plus Account can I receive a check for that amount or can I transfer this credit to my student account?

No. Once money is paid to the Gold Card Plus Account, the money remains on this account until the student leaves the college. If you do not use all the gold card plus monies in one semester, these dollars will roll over to the next semester.

I have a credit in my Student Account, can I transfer this credit to my Gold Card Plus Account?

Yes. Please contact the Student Accounts office.

Can I receive the credit balance that will exist in my Student Account early because I am going on a Study Abroad Program?

Yes. Please contact the Financial Aid Office to begin the process.

What miscellaneous charges are assessed to the Student Account?

Some examples of miscellaneous charges are: parking fees, traffic fines, library fines, arts and crafts course fees, music lessons, dorm damage, health service charges/fees and course related fees.

I don’t agree with a charge assessed to my student account, who do I contact?

Please contact the department for which the charge was originated. The Student Accounts office can only direct you to the appropriate office.