***Since Colorado College has moved to distance learning over block 7, Sophomore Jump programming over the block has been cancelled. For more information on COVID-19 and the steps that Colorado College is taking in response to it, please visit Coronavirus Updates & Resources***
The Sophomore Jump Program provides all sophomore students at Colorado College with opportunities to develop their academic plans throughout their sophomore year.
Students who participate in the Sophomore Jump Program will:
- Understand different academic programs available at CC and possess the tools to make informed decisions about their majors by the end of the academic year
- Learn about off-campus and study-abroad programs, as well as grant, fellowship, and research opportunities, in order to maximize their time and experience at CC
- Know how to find and apply for internships and how to narrate their experiences to potential employers
- Cultivate relationships with faculty beyond their advisors and professors
- Develop their sense of belonging on campus, as well as their strategies for achieving academic success and personal well-being
Please check back often as we add events as they come up! For more information, please contact Brett Gray at email@example.com.
Once each block, twenty sophomore students meet with a professor for a meal in the new library. Over dinner, professors share their academic autobiography with the students and advise students about the opportunities available at CC and beyond. Dinners are limited to the first 20 students who RSVP and generally take place on the second Tuesday of each Block at 6:00 pm.
|Block 1||9/3/2019||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Paul Adler, History|
|Block 2||10/1/2019||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Douglas Edlin, Political Science|
|Block 3||10/29/2019||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Chet Lisiecki, German, Russian and East Asian Languages|
|Block 4||12/3/2019||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Beth Malmskog, Mathematics|
|Block 5||1/28/2020||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Rachel Jabaily, Organismal Biology & Ecology|
|Block 6||2/25/2020||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Najnin Islam, English|
|Block 7||3/31/2020||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Amanda Bowman, Chemistry & Biochemistry|
For more information, please contact Brett Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org.