If you need help, the first thing to do is get to a safe place. Once you are safe, the following resources can assist you in obtaining medical attention, emotional support, and information regarding judicial options.
Reporting Crimes and Emergencies
To connect with Campus Safety, click here.
Confidential resources & numbers to call:
Experiences like sexual assault, intimate partner violence and stalking can be very traumatic, leading to feelings of confusion, anxiety and depression, as well as concerns about safety, well-being and social and academic functioning. The following are confidential resources available for obtaining emotional support and assistance with accessing resources and making decisions.
- Maria Mendez, Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC): a Colorado College staff member trained in working with issues surrounging sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking and sexual misconduct. The SARC is available 24/7 to the campus community.
- Office: (719)227-8101
- On call advocate: (719)602-0960
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- The Counseling Center and Psychological Services at Boettcher: a confidential place where students can receive psychological consultation, short-term counseling, and information on a variety of issues.
- Colorado College Chaplains' Office: The College Chaplains are confidential resources who can assist with emotional and spiritual needs.
- TESSA: an off-campus non-profit that offers comprehensive services for sexual assault and domestic violence victims.
- Office: (719)633-1462
- 24-hour Crisis Line: (719)633-3819
The College is committed to responding to incidents of sexual misconduct in order to eliminate any hostile environment, prevent recurrence of sexual misconduct and address its effects. Individuals with questions about the campus Anti-Discrimination Policy and/or the Student Sexual Misconduct Policy can also contact the campus Title IX coordinator Gail Murphy-Geiss (Office: Palmer 131A. Phone: (719)389-6868. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org).
Support is available 24/7
Maria Mendez, MA
Sexual Assault Response Coordinator
219 Worner Campus Center
Office Hours: 8:30 - 5:00 M-F
Drop-in hours: 1:30 - 3:30 M-Th
Other times by appointment
Office: (719) 227-8101
After Hours: (719) 602-0960