If you need help, the first thing to do is get to a safe place. Once you are safe, the following resources can assist you in obtaining medical attention, emotional support, and information regarding judicial options.
Reporting Crimes and Emergencies
Confidential resources & numbers to call:
Experiences like sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking can be very traumatic, leading to feelings of confusion, anxiety, and depression, as well as concerns about safety, well-being, and social and academic functioning. The following are confidential resources available for obtaining emotional support and assistance with accessing resources and making decisions.
- Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC): Anna Thompson. The SARC is a Colorado College staff member trained to work with issues surrounding sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking, and sexual misconduct. Anna is available 24/7 to the campus community.
- Office: (719) 227-8101
- On-call advocate: (719) 602-0960
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- The Counseling Center and Psychological Services at Boettcher is a confidential place where students can receive psychological consultation, short-term counseling, and information on a variety of issues.
- (719) 389-6093
- After Hours: Press 2 for PROTOCALL (After Hours Counselors)
- Colorado College Chaplains' Office: The college chaplains are confidential resources who can assist with emotional and spiritual needs.
- Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Kate Holbrook (719) 389-7986
- TESSA is an off-campus nonprofit that offers comprehensive services for sexual assault and domestic violence victims.
- Office: (719) 633-1462
- 24-hour Crisis Line: (719) 633-3819
The college is committed to responding to incidents of gender-based discrimination and sexual violence in order to eliminate any hostile environment, prevent recurrence of sexual violence and address its effects. Individuals with questions about the campus Anti-Discrimination Policy and/or the Gender-Based Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence Policy can also contact the campus Title IX Coordinator Gail Murphy-Geiss (Office: Palmer 131A. Phone: (719) 389-6868. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org).