Skip to main content area Skip to sub-navigation
Skip to main content

Important Registrar Information


Checking in is mandatory for all students (current, new, MATs) at the beginning of each semester.  Checking in is different from being enrolled in courses; it confirms that you are enrolled in CC courses for the term.  You must log in to Self-Service Banner (SSB), using your ID# and passcode.  Failure to check in may result in the dropping of courses.


You may add a course at any time prior to the beginning of the block without a signature as long as class lists have not been sent, (generally the Thursday before the block begins).  Once the block has begun, you may add or change a course during the first two days of the block, with the signature of both the add and drop professors.  You have until the second Tuesday of the block at 5 p.m. to drop a course.  The deadline is the same for two-block courses.  Keep in mind that dropping a course may put you at a disadvantage in completing your requirements for graduation in the usual four-year time frame and may cause a financial loss as well.

If you are allowed into a course on the first day of class because you were on the wait list, you must have the professor sign an add form and bring it to the Registrar’s Office.  If you are enrolled in another class, you must have that signature, as well, before we can process and add your new course.  If you do not follow this procedure you risk not receiving credit for that course.  In addition, you lose your option for the “P” grade track if you have not elected that choice within the first four days of the block.  It is a good idea to check that your schedule accurately reflects the classes you are enrolled in.

Procedures for adding or dropping adjunct and extended format courses are the same as for regular courses, except the time period to drop/add is different.  You may drop an adjunct or extended format course, if it meets all semester, prior to the end of the first block.  If the extended format course meets all year, you may drop it without penalty, prior to the end of the second block.  Two-block adjuncts have the same drop period as a regular course, (before the end of the second Tuesday of the block). 


When you have completed 16 units, and therefore, have junior standing, you must declare a major.  Once you have declared your major, you can plan your courses carefully. Your declaration enables each department to be prepared to offer sufficient sections of classes required for each major, particularly thesis sections.   Remember, you can change your major at any time.  Some departments require you to have an adviser in the department of your major.  Forms for declaring your major and changing your adviser are available in the Registrar’s Office, or you may download the form from the Registrar’s webpage. 

Regardless of your academic class, if you want to change your adviser, try to do it a couple of weeks before pre-registration in the spring (usually mid-March).  


Colorado College does not have a withdraw/passing grade unless the student withdraws from Colorado College.  After the official drop period for a class has ended, a student may be excused from the class if illness or other extenuating circumstances are present. You must petition for an excused grade from one of the registrars.  You must be passing the class at the time you wish to be excused, and the petition must include a recommendation from your professor stating such.  You will be required to state why you want to be excused from the class and to also provide medical documentation.


Your degree evaluation and transcript can be found on SSB. These reports are very valuable to you and your adviser.  If you have any questions about your report, do not hesitate to check with your adviser or the registrar’s office for answers.  Ultimately, you are responsible for your academic progress, but the Registrar’s Office has an “open door” policy and its staff is ready to help you reach your academic goals. 


Students may request official transcripts by completing a transcript request form found online at or at the registrar’s office.  Currently, the college does not send electronic transcripts.  Federal law does not allow us to send your records to anyone without your written permission.  Normally, transcripts are mailed within 3-5 business days.  Students may request ten transcripts each year at no charge.  The charge for additional transcripts beyond the first ten each year is $3.00 each.  We can provide a rush/overnight service for $25.00 (domestic).


You are permitted to be on one wait list and enrolled in one course each block. Notification will be sent to your CC e-mail address when an opening becomes available in your waitlisted course, and you will automatically be added to the course on the grade track you submitted.  At the same time, you will be dropped from any course in which you were already enrolled.