Skip to main content area Skip to institutional navigation Skip to sub-navigation

Slocum Hall


Built in 1953-54, Slocum is home to approximately 270 first and second-year students. It is located on the east side of campus, giving closer access to some of the science buildings and the activities on the east side. Slocum houses a substance free wing and offers a limited number of larger triple rooms where students can live with two others rather than just one roommate. Among the improvements made in the 1996 renovation of Slocum are a new “Common Room,” which is used by the entire campus for meetings, presentations, and other group activities; sand volleyball courts located outside; and an enclosed bicycle storage area outside. There is a classroom, kitchen, laundry facilities, computer room, sun deck, and study lounges.

SLOCUM HALL
BUILDING
AMENITIES
130 East Cache La Poudre
Kitchen
Yes
East Campus
Laundry
Yes
Type: Traditional
Lounge
Yes; Piano, Fireplace, Flat-Screen TV
Theme: None
Wireless
Yes
Halls: Substance-Free; 24-Hour Quiet Wing
Game Room
Yes; Pool Table, Foosball Table
First-Year & Sophomores: 274
Thermostat
Heat Only
Resident Advisors: 11
Carpet
No
Residential Life Coordinator: 1
Bike Rack
Yes; Additional Bike Shed
Floor Plans: First; Second
Key Type
Exterior: Swipe Card; Interior: Key
Floor Plans: Third, Fourth, Room Sizes
Other
Classroom, Volleyball Court