Skip to main content area Skip to institutional navigation Skip to sub-navigation

Lenox House


Lennox House is a three-story, co-ed house for 26 students. This Moorish design house, built at the turn of the century, opened as a student center in Sept. 1937. The 17-room house was the legacy of William Lennox, a local banker and CC trustee from 1901- 1936. A grille, bookstore, and organization offices were located in the center. It has a large living room with a fireplace, piano, a kitchen, and a wraparound porch. Lennox House is one of the most desirable campus housing opportunities, especially since it was completely renovated in 2003.

Lennox House is currently the location of the Glass House, a perpetual Themed Learning Community that provides an environment for the promotion of multi-cultural awareness, support, and programming. The Glass House is supported through programming from the Office of Minority Student Life and Residential Life and Housing.

Residency in the Glass House is limited to students with sophomore and higher class standing. Prospective residents are subject to House Council review. The Residential Advisor plays an active role in the recruitment and placement of residents, as well as in programming for the multi-cultural theme.

LENNOX (GLASS) HOUSE
BUILDING AMENITIES
1001 North Nevada Ave
Kitchen Yes (2)
East Campus Laundry Yes
Type: Small House
Lounge
Yes; Piano, Fireplace, Flat-Screen TV
Theme: Multicultural House
Wireless Yes
Upperclassmen: 20
Game Room Billiards
Resident Advisors: 1 Thermostat Heat Only
Residential Living Coordinator: 1 Carpet No
Floor Plans: Basement; First
Bike Rack Yes
Floor Plans: Second; Third Key Type Exterior: Swipe Card; Interior: Key
Ellis U Butler, Jr. Center for Intercultural Leadership
Other
Classroom, Wrap-Around Porch