Skip to main content

Transfer Student Registration

Transfer Information

Once you are admitted as a CC student, final transcripts should be sent to the Registrar's Office to evaluate for credit and fulfillment of any all-college requirements. A copy of the updated evaluation will be emailed so you can begin the conversation with your advisor or the Advising Hub staff to begin choosing courses for the fall semester.

  • Fall transfer students will have an advisor assigned over the summer to assist students in planning their schedules. If you would like to talk with someone in the Advising Hub about choosing an advisor, you may contact Jennifer O'Bryant:
  • Transfer students will email their fall course selections to Jennifer, who will forward to the Registrar's Office.
  • You must select one course for each block, they will be entered in the order received. Only courses with availability should be sent. Course Limits Fall 2020, by each Block, 1 - 4.
  • Selections must be received by the college no later than August 1, 2020.
  • Please send complete course information, to include: CRN, Course ID, Course Description, Block, Credit and Instructor Name. Example: 10749, AS205 4411, Painting, block 4, 1.00, B. Swider.
  • Pay attention to any courses that have a prerequisite. If you believe you've fulfilled the prerequisite at your former institution, a description may be sent or an email discussion with the instructor can be done.
  • Once your schedule is entered, it will be confirmed by the Registrar's Office via email.

The most accurate course limits are always available on Self-Service Banner (SSB). Please log into your SSB account and look for Class Schedule in your menu. You may focus your search by block, degree requirement, instructor, vacancies only, etc. Please be sure to pay attention to any prerequisites a course may have.

2020 - 21 Course Schedule Keep in mind that some information may have changed since this was first published.

The column titled "CP" tells you the All-College requirement a course will fulfill.

Please read the "General Information for Transfer Students" below, it may answer some of your questions before you call.

If you have questions, you may contact Candace Santa Maria, (719) 389-6273, or Jennifer O'Bryant in the Advising Hub:

Registrar's Office (719) 389-6610

Phillip Apodaca, Registrar (719) 389-6613

Candace Santa Maria, Assistant Registrar (719) 389-6273


General Information for Transfer Students


1.00 Colorado College unit is equivalent to 4 semester hours or 6 quarter hours. All transfer credit will use this equation.

CC grants credit according to how much credit is awarded by the college it's being transferred from. For example: a 3 semester hour credit course will transfer as 0.75 CC unit, a 6 quarter hour credit course as 1.00 CC unit


Prerequisite checking. When registering for courses with prerequisites, the program will automatically check your schedule and transcript for the prerequisite(s). If you have not completed the prerequisite yet, you will need to get the instructors PIN to override the prerequisite.

You may add a course at any time prior to the beginning of the block without a signature. Once the block has begun, you may add or change a course during the first two days of the block, with the signature of both the add and drop professors. You have until 5:00 pm the second Tuesday of the block to drop a course. The deadline is the same for two-block courses. Keep in mind that dropping a course may put you at a disadvantage in completing your requirements for graduation in the usual four-year time frame and may cause a financial loss as well.

If you are allowed into a course on the first day of class because you were on the waitlist, you must have the professor sign an add form and bring it to the Registrar's Office. If you are enrolled in another class, you must have that signature or an email, as well, before we can process and add your new course. If you do not follow this procedure you risk not receiving credit for that course. In addition, you lose your option for the "P" grade track if you have not elected that choice within the first four days of the block. It is a good idea to check that your schedule accurately reflects the classes you are enrolled in.

Procedures for adding or dropping adjunct and extended format courses are the same as for regular courses, except the time period to drop/add is different. You may drop an adjunct or extended format course, if it meets all semester, prior to the end of the first block. If the extended format course meets all year, you may drop it without penalty, prior to the end of the second block. Two-block adjuncts have the same drop period as a regular course, (before the end of the second Tuesday of the block).


You are permitted to be on one wait list and enrolled in one course each block. Students may only be on one waitlist for each block. Notification will be sent to your CC e-mail address when an opening becomes available in your waitlisted course. You will automatically be added to the course on the grade track you submitted and you will be dropped from any course in which you were already enrolled.


Students have the first four days, (through the first Thursday), of a course to change their grading track. After this, students must petition the Registrar's Office. These petitions are generally approved if there have been documented extenuating circumstances during the block, such as illness, family emergency, etc.

College students' records are protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). It restricts institutions from releasing grades and other educational records without a student's written permission. Students may view their grades online through Self-Service Banner (SSB) after grades have been submitted and recorded by the registrar's office. Since the system is student-controlled, we encourage students to share grade information with their parents. Parents can access grades through SSB by knowing their student's ID number and password. Students can also request transcripts from the registrar's office which includes complete course, grade, and gpa information.

The college provides a two-track system for credit to all students. In a given course, you may choose to be graded by either the G (grade track) or P (pass/fail) designation:

G: grade track: A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D and NC (NC is a failing grade)


P, pass/fail: S, CR, NC (No credit) S= A through C-, CR = D+, D; NC (NC is a failing grade)

WF: Administrative Fail. This grade is given if a student has not dropped the course from their schedule after the drop deadline (2nd Tuesday). Students receiving this grade may petition to have it dropped by completing the "WF" form and speaking with Dean Pedro de Araujo..

For purposes of computing your grade point average, the schedule below will be used.

A = 4.0
A- = 3.7
B+ = 3.3
B = 3.0
B- = 2.7
C+ = 2.3
C = 2.0
C- = 1.7
D+ = 1.3
D = 1.0
NC = 0.0

S and CR grades awarded on the Pass/Fail grading track are not calculated in the GPA; however, a grade of NC under either grade track option is calculated in the GPA. D+ and D grades will not fulfill any all-college, major or prerequisite requirement, but will award credit under the G or P track. There are no restrictions placed on the number of courses you may choose under each option. However, you are expected to choose the option by which you wish to be graded at the time you register for courses. No change in the grading option is permitted after the fourth day of class without extenuating circumstances. The Registrar automatically assigns students a grading track for those who do not sign up for the course. You may, with permission of the course professor, audit a course, (Z track), no credit toward graduation will be awarded, but the audit, if completed successfully, will be recorded on your transcript.


Term check-in is mandatory for all students at the beginning of each semester. Check-in is different from being enrolled in courses; it confirms that you are enrolled and attending CC courses for the term. To Check-in, you must log in to Self-Service Banner (SSB) using your ID# and passcode. Failure to check-in may result in the dropping of all courses on student's schedule for the term.


When you have completed 16 units, and therefore, have junior standing, you must declare a major. Once you have declared your major, you can plan your courses carefully. Your declaration enables each department to be prepared to offer sufficient sections of classes required for each major, particularly thesis sections. Remember, you can change your major at any time. We recommend you have an advisor in the department, some departments even require you to have an advisor in the department of your major. Forms for declaring your major and changing your adviser are available in the Registrar's Office or you may download the form from the Registrar's webpage.

Regardless of your academic class, if you want to change your adviser, you may do so at any time. During spring semester, try to do so a couple of weeks prior to preregistration, usually late March.


After the official drop period for a class has ended, the second Tuesday of the course, a student may be excused from the class if illness or other extenuating circumstances are present. Students must petition for an excused grade from one of the registrars. You must be passing the class at the time you wish to be excused and the petition must include a recommendation from your professor stating such. You will be required to state why you want to be excused from the class and to also provide medical documentation, if this is your reason. Colorado College does not have a withdraw/passing grade unless the student withdraws from Colorado College.


Your degree evaluation and transcript can be found on SSB, (Self Service Banner). These reports are very valuable to you and your adviser. If you have any questions about your report, do not hesitate to check with your advisor or the registrar's office for answers. Ultimately, you are responsible for your academic progress. The registrars have an "open door" policy and are happy to advise on general education requirements and course information.


Students may request official transcripts by following the instructions in the Transcript link in the box at left. If you need an unofficial transcript and are on campus, bring your gold card or another form of picture id card, and we will print one for you.

Report an issue - Last updated: 03/17/2021