Guidelines for Points
Before meeting with your adviser - please print your course selections! You can use this worksheet to take with you to your meeting.
When you speak with your adviser, talk to him/her about points, but have some idea yourself about the number of points you think you should assign. For help, look at last year's points to see a list of courses with higher demand than availability.
- If you really want a course that is in high demand, you must decide whether or not you should use most of your points for that course and take your chances on the other block(s). Beginning science courses are high demand courses; they require a lot of points.
- Note how many times the course is taught during the academic year. Obviously your opportunity to get into a class is enhanced if the course is offered many times during the year.
- You may have discovered that some professors are in high demand; again, a lot of points will probably be required.
- Be sure to check under “Prerequisites” before signing up for a class. If you do not have a prerequisite, you won’t be allowed to take the class.
- If you are on campus, talk to other students and the resident adviser in your residence hall. They are very familiar with the point system.
- See our list of courses that had a higher demand than availability last year, "Last Year's Points"
We are located on the west side on the main floor of Armstrong Hall
14 E. Cache La Poudre,
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.
You will preregister in “Self-Service Banner” (SSB)
v Login to SSB with your student ID and Banner PIN.
v Click on “Student Services” tab
v Click on Preregistration
v You will then login with your “Student Preregistration PASSCODE”
You must obtain your Student Preregistration Passcode from your advisor to complete and submit your preregistration selections. Only your assigned advisor can give you the Preregistration Passcode.
Make your appointments with your advisor early!
It is a good idea to take a copy of the completed worksheet, (available on the preregistration webpage), with you to your advising session. You should also keep a copy of this until your receive the results of your preregistration.
You may pick up a copy of the printed 2012-13 Course Schedule in the Registrar’s Office.
Be sure to use ALL 60 points!
You may view your preregistration results on Wednesday, October 17.
All changes to your schedule must be made in the Registrar’s Office on drop/add forms once the preregistration program has been run and you have received your results.