First Year Preregistration
First-Year Student Preregistration Information
Preregistration for blocks 3-4 for all first-year students will be September 23rd - October 4th, 2019.
All first-year students will be preregistering for their Blocks 3 & 4 and will also be required to submit a draft of their Spring Semester choices for Blocks 5 thru 8. Students have 20 points to distribute on Blocks 3 & 4 and 40 points to distribute on Blocks 5 thru 8 (points do not cross-over semesters).
Spring drafts and points will be SAVED to be processed in Block 3 with the returning students’ drafts and points and will require a Spring Passcode; this will become available to your Advisor tab in SSB when spring preregistration is opened in Block 3.
Easy Steps for Preregistration
- Look at the course offerings for blocks 3 thru 8 in Class Schedule/Banner SSB. See what courses have reserved spots for first-years, courses that have openings available now, or have short waitlists.
- Write down a few courses of particular interest to take with you to your faculty advising meeting. You can use this worksheet or work in SSB to formulate a draft. See SSB Preregistration Program Instructions for more information.
- Make an appointment with your faculty advisor. Don’t forget to ask for your Preregistration PASSCODE before you leave!
- Login to your Banner SSB. Click Preregistration. Enter the CRN for each block. Add Course. Enter your Grading Track and Points. Save Changes. Enter your Student Passcode. Submit Preregistration.
Preregistration Process Status
- Within the Preregistration Choices section, please note the status of your Preregistration by color:
- Red = Incomplete Status.
- Blue = it’s ready to submit with your preregistration passcode.
- Green = complete status.
If you decide to make changes after you’ve submitted, you may login again and make changes. Once submitted, your faculty advisor will be notified when any additions or changes you’ve made.
Your FYE will display on your preregistration but you will be blocked from making any changes to these.
Adjunct registration is allowed in Preregistration. Keep in mind, it is not recommended to place any points on an adjunct course.
You must obtain your Preregistration PASSCODE from your declared faculty advisor (listed above) to complete and submit your preregistration selections. Make your appointment with your faculty advisor early!! Each student is assigned a Preregistration PASSCODE which must be given to you by your faculty advisor; only your faculty advisor has access to your Preregistration PASSCODE.
We always recommend you either complete the worksheet and take this with you to your advising session or make a screenshot of your preregistration draft from Banner SSB and send this to your faculty advisor before your meeting. Once you receive your schedule results, on Oct. 9th, schedule changes can be made in Banner SSB using the Drop/Add Program on your Student Menu.
More detailed instructions and points needed for first-year preregistration last year can be found in the Preregistration sections on the Registrar’s Office webpage or you can CONTROL/CLICK on the following links:
- Student Banner Login & Preregistration Instructions
- Fall 2019 Preregistration Results Courses with Waitlists (please note, this list provided is when students preregistered for blocks 1-4 with 40 points, so they will not be an accurate reflection for 2 blocks with 20 points)
All changes to your schedule can be made in SSB beginning on October 9th , or as soon as schedule results are available to view in SSB.
Faculty Information for First Year Preregistration
First-Year Preregistration for blocks 3-4 for Fall 2019 will be September 23rd – October 4th. Please plan to meet with your advisees as soon as possible. Students will register using the Preregistration System in Self-Service Banner, (SSB).
- Your First-Year Advisees will have student ID#s that begin with 19
- NEW THIS YEAR! First-Year students will be preregistering for their blocks 3 & 4 and will also be required to submit their draft of Spring Semester choices for blocks 5 thru 8. Student’s Spring drafts will be officially processed when students submit their Spring Preregistration which opens in block 3.
- Students will have only 20 points to use towards their blocks 3 & 4.
- Students will have 40 points to use towards their blocks 5 thru 8 (points do not cross-over semesters).
- Student can register for adjuncts that start in block 3 or later. It is not recommended for students to use points on adjuncts!
- First-Year Preregistration will only register students for blocks 3 and 4 for the Fall Semester.
- You can ask your Advisees to send you a screenshot of their courses before you meet with them.
- Students must meet with their Faculty Advisor to obtain their Student Preregistration Passcode.
Self-Service Banner/Faculty Tab
Student Preregistration Passcodes
- All faculty advisors have access to their advisee preregistration passcode and transcripts in Self-Service Banner (SSB) by logging in and clicking on the Faculty Tab/My Advisees.
- All instructors with a teaching schedule have been assigned a Consent of Instructor (COI) PIN. You will find your COI PIN on the Faculty Tab/Your Teaching Schedule. If a course requires a COI, the student must have this COI PIN to preregister for the course. The COI PIN will also override a prerequisite and will allow students to preregister.
- All departments have been assigned a Consent of Department (COD) PIN. Department Chairs and Department Assistants can see the COD PIN by clicking on the Faculty Tab/Consent of Department.
More detailed faculty instructions are available on the Registrar’s Office webpage, CONTROL/CLICK on this link: Faculty Preregistration Information
The following information is currently updated and available on the Registrar’s Office Preregistration webpage or you can CONTROL/CLICK on the following links: