Faculty Preregistration Information
Faculty Banner Login & Preregistration Instructions-click on this link for detailed instructions
Preregistration for Fall semester 2019-20 will be March 25 -April 26, 2019. Please plan to meet with your advisees as soon as possible. Students will register using the Preregistration system in Self-Service Banner, (SSB).
- ** New!** Students will plan out their complete schedule for the upcoming academic year.
- Students will have 40-points to distribute between their blocks 1 – 4 courses and 40-points to distribute between their "drafted" choices for blocks 5 – 8.
- Course registrations and points will be processed for blocks 1 – 4, enrolling students in courses or placing them on a waiting list based on the student’s point bid.
- Students’ spring selections and points will be saved as a draft to be revisited or revised, to be submitted and processed during Spring Preregistration in the fall.
- Students are assigned a new Preregistration Passcode for each preregistration term.
- Faculty are assigned a new Instructor PIN for each preregistration term.
For Thesis or Independent Study, use the GS391 course ID, a CRN has been created for each block. This is a placeholder to be changed and updated when the student knows the title and has been given the correct department course ID to use. Thesis will require the thesis advisor signature, Independent Study requires both the faculty and the department chair's signature on the Independent Study/Thesis form available in the Registrar's Office.
Student Preregistration Passcodes
- All advisors have access to their advisee preregistration passcode and transcripts in Self-Service Banner (SSB) by logging in and clicking on the Faculty Tab/My Advisees. Students are assigned a new passcode for each preregistration term.
- All instructors with a teaching schedule have been assigned a Consent of Instructor PIN; COI. You will find your COI PIN on the Faculty Tab/Your Teaching Schedule. If a course requires a COI, the student must have this COI PIN to preregister for the course. If you have a course listed as “COI OR a prerequisite” the PIN will not be required unless the student does not meet the prerequisite; in this situation the COI PIN will override the prerequisite error.
- All departments have been assigned a Consent of Department PIN; COD. Department Chairs and Department Assistants can see the COD PIN by clicking on the Faculty Tab/Consent of Department.
Advisors will be notified of any additional changes to the student's schedule once the original submission is made.
Blocks Off: First-years and Sophomore students cannot preregister for a block off. Juniors and Seniors are allowed to take one block off per semester. See Student Leave Policy: https://www.coloradocollege.edu/basics/welcome/leadership/policies/student-time-off-policy
The COI PIN can be viewed in SSB in your Faculty Tab, using "Your Teaching Schedule." COI PINs will be assigned each term. After preregistration, all COI courses will require the assigned PIN in SSB.
If there is a COD (consent of department) designation on a course, only department chairs will receive the COD PIN in their faculty tab under Consent of Department.