Faculty Preregistration Information
Faculty Banner Login & Preregistration Instructions-click on this link for detailed instructions
First-Year Preregistration for blocks 3 & 4 for the Fall 2019 Semester will be September 23 - October 4, 2019. Spring Preregistration for blocks 5 - 8 for the Spring 2020 Semester will be November 4 - November 22, 2019. Please plan to meet with your advisees as soon as possible. Students will register using the Preregistration system in Self-Service Banner, (SSB).
In First-Year Preregistration:
- First-year students will have 20-points to distribute between their blocks 3 & 4 courses and 40-points to distribute between their "drafted" choices for blocks 5 – 8.
- Course registration and points will be processed for blocks 3 & 4; enrolling students in courses or placing them on a waiting list based on the student's point bid.
- Students’ spring selections and points will be saved as a draft to be revisited or revised, to be submitted and processed during Spring Preregistration in block 3.
- Students are assigned a new Preregistration Passcode for each Preregistration period (first-year students will have two passcodes in the Fall; one for their First-Year Preregistration and one for their Spring Preregistration.
In Spring Preregistration:
- All students (first-years and returning) will have 40-points to distribute between their blocks 5 - 8 courses.
- Course registrations and points will be processed for blocks 5 - 8, enrolling students in courses or placing them on a waiting list based on the student’s point bid.
- Students are assigned a new Preregistration Passcode for each Preregistration period.
- Faculty are assigned a new Consent of Instructor PIN (COI PIN) for each preregistration term.
- For Thesis or Independent Study, use the GS391 course ID, a CRN has been created for each block. This is a placeholder to be changed and updated when the student knows the title and has been given the correct department course ID to use.
- Thesis will require the thesis advisor electronic signature
- Independent Study requires both the faculty and the department chair's electronic signature
- ***NEW***Thesis & Independent Studies are now processed through DocuSign's Power Form; an email workflow. These forms are available on the Registrar's webpage under "Forms".
Student Preregistration Passcodes
- All faculty advisors have access to their advisee(s) Preregistration passcode and transcripts in Self-Service Banner (SSB) by logging in and clicking on the Faculty Tab/My Advisees. Students are assigned a new passcode for each Preregistration period.
- All instructors with a teaching schedule have been assigned a Consent of Instructor PIN (COI PIN). You will find your COI PIN on the Faculty Tab/Your Teaching Schedule. If a course requires a COI, the student must have this COI PIN to preregister for the course. If you have a course listed as “COI OR a prerequisite” the PIN will not be required unless the student does not meet the prerequisite; in this situation the COI PIN will override the prerequisite error.
- All departments have been assigned a Consent of Department PIN (COD PIN). Department Chairs and Department Assistants can see the COD PIN by clicking on the Faculty Tab/Consent of Department.
Advisors will be notified of any additional changes to the student's schedule once the original submission is made.
Blocks Off: First-years and Sophomore students cannot preregister for a block off. Juniors and Seniors are allowed to take one block off per semester. See Student Leave Policy: https://www.coloradocollege.edu/basics/welcome/leadership/policies/student-time-off-policy
The COI PIN can be viewed in SSB in your Faculty Tab, using "Your Teaching Schedule." COI PINs will be assigned each term. After preregistration, all COI courses will require the assigned COI PIN in SSB.
If there is a COD PIN (Consent of Department PIN) designation on a course, only department chairs will receive the COD PIN in their faculty tab under Consent of Department.