Faculty Preregistration Information
Faculty Banner Login & Preregistration Instructions-click on this link for detailed instructions
Fall 2020 Preregistration will be April 6 - April 24, 2020 April 13 - May 1, 2020 (announced 4/1/20). Students will register for blocks 1-4 and also draft a schedule for blocks 5 - 8, 2021.Students will register using the Preregistration system in Self-Service Banner, (SSB).
First Year Preregistration 2020 will be July 6 - July 31. Students will register for blocks 3 & 4 (no points) and draft a schedule for blocks 5 - 8, 2021.Students will register using the Preregistration system in Self-Service Banner, (SSB).
Spring 2021 Semester Preregistration will be dates coming soon. Please plan to meet with your advisees as soon as possible. Students will register using the Preregistration system in Self-Service Banner, (SSB).
Current Registration Period: First-Year Preregistration
- All new, fall first-year students will register for blocks 3 & 4. No points will be used for blocks 3 & 4. Placements will be based on reserved and available seats.
- First-Year students will also draft their schedule for Spring 2021 during this preregistration period.
- First-Year students are assigned a new Preregistration Passcode for each Preregistration period.
- Faculty are assigned a new Consent of Instructor PIN (COI PIN) for each preregistration term.
Student Preregistration Passcodes
- All faculty and staff advisors have access to their advisee(s) Preregistration passcode and transcripts in Self-Service Banner (SSB) by logging in and clicking on the Faculty Tab/My Advisees. Students are assigned a new passcode for each Preregistration period.
- All instructors with a teaching schedule have been assigned a Consent of Instructor PIN (COI PIN). You will find your COI PIN on the Faculty Tab/Your Teaching Schedule. If a course requires a COI, the student must have this COI PIN to preregister for the course. If you have a course listed as “COI OR a prerequisite” the PIN will not be required unless the student does not meet the prerequisite; in this situation the COI PIN will override the prerequisite error.
- All departments have been assigned a Consent of Department PIN (COD PIN). Department Chairs and Department Assistants can see the COD PIN by clicking on the Faculty Tab/Consent of Department.
Advisors will be notified of any additional changes to the student's schedule once the original submission is made.
Blocks Off: First-years and Sophomore students cannot preregister for a block off. Juniors and Seniors are allowed to take one block off per semester. See Student Leave Policy.
The COI PIN can be viewed in SSB in your Faculty Tab, using "Your Teaching Schedule." COI PINs will be assigned each term. After preregistration, all COI courses will require the assigned COI PIN in SSB.
If there is a COD PIN (Consent of Department PIN) designation on a course, only department chairs will receive the COD PIN in their faculty tab under Consent of Department.