Faculty Preregistration Information
Faculty Banner Login & Preregistration Instructions-click on this link for detailed instructions to login to Banner
First-Year Preregistration Information
First-Year Preregistration for blocks 3-4 for the Fall 2018 will be September 24th – October 5th. Please plan to meet with your advisees as soon as possible. Students will register using the Preregistration System in Self-Service Banner, (SSB).
- Your First-Year Advisees will have student ID#s that begin with 18
- Students will only have 20 points for First-Year Preregistration
- Students will only register for blocks 3 and 4 for Fall semester.
- You can ask your Advisees to send you a screenshot of their courses before you meet with them.
- Students must meet with their Advisor to obtain their Student Preregistration Passcode.
Self-Service Banner/Faculty Tab
Student Preregistration Passcodes
- All advisors have access to their advisee preregistration passcode and transcripts in Self-Service Banner (SSB) by logging in and clicking on the Faculty Tab/My Advisees.
- All instructors with a teaching schedule have been assigned a Consent of Instructor PIN; COI. You will find your COI PIN on the Faculty Tab/Your Teaching Schedule. If a course requires a COI, the student must have this COI PIN to preregister for the course. If you have a course listed as “COI OR a prerequisite” the PIN will not be required unless the student does not meet the prerequisite; in this situation the COI PIN will override the prerequisite error.
- All departments have been assigned a Consent of Department PIN; COD. Department Chairs and Department Assistants can see the COD PIN by clicking on the Faculty Tab/Consent of Department.
Spring 2018 Preregistration Information
- Preregistration for the Spring 2019 semester, will be open Oct. 29 - Nov. 30, 2018
- Students have 40 points to bid on their courses.
- All students enter their selections via SSB during these 5 weeks.
- Students must meet with their advisor to receive their student Preregistration Passcode.
- They must sign up for one course for each block. There can be no blank spaces in their schedule.
- Preregistration will close at 5:00 pm on Friday, Nov. 30. Changes will not be allowed until the results have been posted, the following Wednesday.
- Students will receive their preregistration results on Wednesday, Dec. 5, via SSB. They may begin making changes to their schedule in SSB after the results are posted.
To sign up for Thesis or Independent Study, use the GS391 course ID, a CRN has been created for each block.
Advisors will be notified of any additional changes to the student's schedule once the original submission is made.
Blocks Off: First-years and Sophomore students cannot preregister for a block off. Juniors and Seniors are allowed to take one block off per semester. See Student Leave Policy: https://www.coloradocollege.edu/basics/welcome/leadership/policies/student-time-off-policy
The COI PIN can be viewed in SSB in your Faculty Tab, using "Your Teaching Schedule." COI PINs will be assigned each term. After preregistration, all COI courses will require the assigned PIN in SSB.
If there is a COD (consent of department) designation on a course, only department chairs will receive the COD PIN in their faculty tab under Consent of Department.