Colorado College Leadership Philosophy
April 4, 2014
Dear Staff and Faculty Colleagues,
We emphasize in our strategic plan that lifelong learning is critical in today’s dynamic world, and therefore, we will create a top-notch professional development program that supports our staff and faculty in adapting to the changing environment. As part of this program, we will develop a shared leadership philosophy and set of competencies, and create programs for staff and faculty to build those identified skills.
I am excited to share that we have developed that leadership philosophy, which is attached. I hope you will take time to read the leadership philosophy, as it will be used during an activity at our upcoming faculty and staff lunch.
Thanks to the Leadership Philosophy Action Team for their great work in creating this philosophy. The action team included:
- Bruce Coriell, Chaplain, Chair
- Lisa Brommer, Associate Director of Human Resources
- Heather Browne, Coordinator of Off-Campus Study
- Patricia Chan, Assistant Director of Outdoor Education & Orientation
- Jane Hilberry, Professor of English
- Mark Hille, Associate Vice President for Advancement
- Jim Parco, Associate Professor of Economics and Business
- Naomi Trujillo, Advancement Design Manager
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you all on Monday.