Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions:

Q: Can first-year students bring cars to campus?

A: No, Colorado College does not allow first-year students to have a car on campus, per their housing agreement and the Pathfinder. Under extenuating circumstances, first years may be eligible for lane exemption and can apply via Accessibility Resources.  

Q: What if I do not register my car?

A: If you do not register your car, and are found to be in violation of the College's parking regulations, and may be subjected to have your vehicle immobilized. Further citations may be directed to conduct. Vehicle registration-only is an option, if you don't want to purchase a parking permit.

Q: What if I did not receive a parking permit? 

A: Here are some parking alternatives if you did not receive a parking permit for campus. 

Q: What if I have a accessible placard?

A: Valid accessible license plates or placards must be displayed when a vehicle is parked in an accessible space.The striped area directly adjacent to the accessible parking space is part of the space. Parking in these areas is the same as parking in an accessible space and will be enforced as such.

Vehicles with valid accessible license plates or placards are still required to purchase a parking permit for campus. However, they will be allowed to park in any available accessible parking space on campus. 

Q: I received a ticket, what are my options?

A: If you have received a ticket, you may either pay the citation online, at the parking office, or you may follow the instructions printed on the ticket and appeal the citation online through the Parking Website. Appeals must be submitted within 10 days of the violation; appeals after 10 days will not be considered.

Repeated violations may result in student conduct disciplinary action, which may include but is not limited to: revocation of campus parking privileges, vehicle immobilization, or towing. A $50 fee will be assessed for the removal of the immobilization device. 

Q: What if I have outstanding parking fees?

A: If you have outstanding parking fees, you will receive an email at the end of the month, listing your unpaid citations. Failure to pay outstanding citations will result in your Student account to be charged or result in payroll collections. 

Parking Permit Registration Questions:

Q: I don't have the car I will be driving yet/ I don't know the license plate number of the car I will be driving, what should I put in that field?

A: Just use the temporary plate number issued, make and color of vehicle.  Once you get your new plate, email parking@coloradocollege.edu. 

Q: I want to apply for a spring semester permit, how do I do that and when will I get billed?

A: In the drop down menu, Permit Type, select "Fall Semester Permit" or "Spring Semester Permit". If you are applying for only one semester you will only be charged for one semester. If you are requesting a "Fall Semester Permit" you will need to return your permit to the Parking Office before Winter Break, or else you will be charged for the Spring Semester.

Q: I submitted my permit application but have not received a confirmation email. Did my permit application go through? How can I find out if it did?

A: Once you click "Submit" on the permit registration form, you will see a landing page, acknowledging your submission was successful. Once your permit has been assigned you will receive a confirmation email from the Parking Office with instructions. All permits will be ready for pick-up from Mail Services, you will receive an email when your permit is ready for pick-up.  

If you have any other questions or can think of anything we could add to this FAQ, please contact the Parking Office at parking@coloradocollege.edu.

Report an issue - Last updated: 09/04/2023