1) How much does it cost to become a member of the Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym?
It’s absolutely FREE! Students, staff, and faculty do not have to pay any money at all to come climb, slackline, or train in the Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym.
2) What if I want to climb, but don’t own a pair of climbing shoes or a harness?
We have plenty of different sizes of shoes and harnesses that can be rented at the CC gym, and believe it or not, rentals are FREE too! You will be asked to trade your gold card for any equipment you wish to rent, and it will be given back to you when the gear is returned after you’re finished climbing.
3) If I have a friend or prospective student visiting campus, can they also climb at the gym?
Yes they can, but they must fill out the standard waivers and bring some form of ID with them to be used as collateral if they wish to rent any equipment (just like any other new climber would).
4) If I want to learn how to belay, lead climb, rappel, or clean routes, is there anyone in the gym who can teach me these things?
Yes there is! We will be running clinics twice a week for three weeks every block on various climbing skills. You can sign up for these in the Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym, or on our new online system, SUMMIT.
5) What if I’m interested in trying out climbing, but am embarrassed because I haven’t climbed before?
There is no experience necessary to come climb at our gym! The climbing gym community is always welcoming and looking to introduce new members to climbing. Monitors at the gym will be sure to give you an orientation to the gym and the basics of climbing your first time in, and are always willing to give a few pointers.
6) If I know how to lead climb, can I lead climb in the Ritt Kellogg climbing gym?
Yes you can! We just ask that you pass a standard lead climbing and lead belaying test with one of our monitors beforehand.
Register for a trip on
(June - August)
Ahlberg Gear House
TUE & THURS: 1-3pm
Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym
TUE & THURS: 3-5pm
The Co-op: Bike & Ski