What To Bring
Please pack for the trip as lightly as possible due to space limitations. Bring only one duffel or backpack and a small "carry on bag" if necessary. Plan to wear layers of clothing as the weather tends to change very quickly with little warning. Prepare for any type of weather, hot or cold! A good rule of thumb is don't bring anything that you would be devastated to lose. This would include any jewelry or personal items which may be near and dear to your heart. This is only a guideline, different trips/projects might require different items. Once on campus during NSO week, your leader will be able to tell you of any differences for your specific trip.
- A small backpack/daypack to carry items during the day
- A Warm Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- Sturdy Work/Hiking Boots/Shoes
- Thermal Underwear
- T-Shirts/Long sleeve shirts
- Fleece Jacket or similar warm jacket
- Rain Gear/Poncho
- Soap/Toothpaste/Toothbrush and other toiletries as needed
- Any prescription or over the counter medicine (allergy especially)
- 2 one-liter Water Bottles
- Sun hat/bandana
- Warm hat/beanie
- Mess Kit (plate or bowl/utensils/cup)
- 20 Dollars Cash
All other items (tents, food, etc.) will be supplied by Colorado College
*When you meet with your trip leaders, they will provide you with more helpful packing tips!
**We realize that not everyone will already own all of the required items, but we feel that the list is reasonable, and owning these items will be helpful as you continue your college career here at CC.