Clinics & Events
Outdoor Education has many weekly and blockly offerings on campus. Our clinics serve to introduce and solidify new or old skills. Most clinics are student taught, and all skill levels are welcome.
Outdoor Ed sponsors many events throughout the year, from movie screenings and speakers to celebrations and conferences.
Weekly Skills Clinics
- Kayak Roll Clinics- Schlessman Pool- Mondays 8-9:30 PM (Blocks 1-6 only): Come learn basic kayak movement and how to roll! All skill levels welcome. All equipment is provided. Just bring a swimsuit!
- Kayak Skills Clinic- Schlessman Pool- Wednesdays 3-4 PM (Starting Block 2): This session is reserved for practicing specific whitewater skills. One previous roll session is required to attend.
- *7th and 8th block pool sessions will be held Sundays 7:00-8:30pm only*
Please see the event schedule or sign into SUMMIT to see our upcoming river events. River trips are typically run in the Fall and Spring. The Specialty pool clinics are held throughout the year.
- Belay Clinics- Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym- Tuesdays 6-7 PM
- Lead Clinics- Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym- Thursdays 6-7:30 PM
- Anchor Cleaning Clinics- Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym- Check SUMMIT for dates/times
- Rock Rescue Clinics- Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym- Check SUMMIT for dates/times
- Knots/Hitches Clinics- Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym-Check SUMMIT for dates/times
- Aerial Silks- Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym-Check SUMMIT for dates/times
- 3-Tier clinic series utilizing the year-round Avalanche Beacon Park at the Outdoor Education Center.
- Check SUMMIT for upcoming clinics:
- 1. Intro to Avalanche Safety
- 2. Single Burial Rescue
- 3. Advanced Avalanche Skills
Register for a trip on
(June - August)
Ahlberg Gear House
TUE & THURS: 1-3pm
Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym
TUE & THURS: 3-5pm
The Co-op: Bike & Ski