Outdoor Education builds on the mission of the College by allowing students to enhance their leadership skills, gain a sense of stewarship, and engage in self-discovery through experiential opportunities in the outdoors.
Train students in the diverse skillset necessary to be successful leaders in whichever career they pursue after CC.
This skillset includes:
- Group management and facilitation
- Problem solving and decision making
- Technical skills
Encourage students to find and pursue passions that will make them healthy stewards of their own lives, their community, and their environment.
These passions include:
- Outdoor recreation
- Nature and the environment
- Teaching and experiential education
- Community service
Provide transformative experiencesthat will guide students towards personal growth.
These experiences include:
- Reflection and contemplation
- Community membership and sense of place
- Confidence, self-awareness and mental wellness
- Overcoming challenge and adversity
- Holding meaningful responsibility