System Status and Known Issues
|All systems are currently up and running normally.|
The next scheduled all-day maintenance window is 8/7/2015
Ongoing issues with technology which we are aware of and actively working to improve.
After changing password, can't connect to tigernet2 or print to papercut on macs
This is a problem with the keychain access feature on Macs. To fix it:
- Open Spotlight (magnifying glass) and search for "keychain"
- Open the "Keychain Access" program that it finds
- Find the "tigernet2" and/or "papercut" keychain items and delete them/it
That's it! With the old saved passwords deleted, you will be asked for your new password the next time you try to connect to tigernet2 or print to papercut, and this time it will work. Remember for papercut to change the username to your CC username - it will default to the wrong one.
Error when adding or removing people from a Canvas course
- When attempting to add a person to a course by entering an email address, it will sometimes give an error. A workaround is to ask a Canvas administrator to add the person for you.
- When attempting to remove a person from a course by going to "People > Remove from Course" you get an error. A workaround is to use a slightly different method: "People > Click the specific person > more details > conclude enrollment"
Speedgrader times out in Canvas, giving an error
We've seen a few limited reports of this behavior - after entering a long comment into speed grader and then trying to proceed, it will error out and then lose the text of the comment. Canvas engineers are investigating the cause.
Unable to use remote control in SSLVPN - juniper client crashes
This error is happening on new operating systems (Windows 8.1 and OS X Mavericks), and occurs because a hardware component is old and out of support. We're working on getting a new method for VPN up and running as soon as possible.
3/15/2014: A workaround that works consistently is to edit the shortcut to the remote control item (or create a new one) and use the IP address instead of the name. For example, instead of "IT-termsrv4", you would use "172.30.75.7"
Tigernet2 drops connection
The tigernet2 wireless connection will suddenly drop and need to reconnect. This can happen frequently in the course of normal computer usage, and gets even more frequent when the device moves around (and thus connects to a different wireless access point).
2/13/2014: We implemented a configuration change which has drastically reduced the errors we see in our monitoring tools. Current drop errors are only about 33% of what they were before the change.
12/7/2013: We implemented a change from 3 wireless controllers down to 1, which should reduce the frequency of drops.
11/3/2013: We are aware that many devices, particularly apple-based are experiencing drops in wireless connectivity on tigernet2.