Phone Upgrade Project
ITS: is rolling out a new Cisco voice over IP (VOIP) phone system to the campus during summer 2018. The new phones look like this:
This schedule may change as we go through the deployment this summer (and we'll update it here if so), but this will give you a good general idea of when to expect us to be coming by to install your new phone:
- Week of June 6 - Armstrong
- Week of June 11 - Spencer, Tutt Alumni House, and Worner
- Week of June 18 - Cornerstone and Tutt Library
- Week of June 25 - Van Briggle and Palmer
- Week of July 2 - Barnes and Olin
- Week of July 9 - El Pomar and Packard
- Week of July 16 - Morreale, Dern, Boettcher, Mierow, Gill, ID House, Children's Center, ORC, Shove, Sodexho, SSS house
- Week of July 23 - Central Plant, Cossitt, Admissions, Field Maint Shop, Grounds Shop, Transportation, Ticknor, Creekside, Cutler Pubs
- Week of July 30 - Bemis, Campus Safety, and smaller East Campus buildings
- Week of August 6 - Fine Arts Center
Our process will be to go building by building and set up the phones 1 by 1.
- We'll get it connected first, and then it will often need about 15-30 minutes to download updates and finish some self-configuration.
- After we get more phones connected in the building and give it the time it needs, we'll be back to make sure calling works as expected, point out some resources for you, help you set up your new voicemail, and answer any general questions you have.
Note that if you are not here during the summer or when we come through, it’s OK – we’ll get to you later. Particularly for employees that don’t work over the summer, we’ll plan to do your migrations early in the fall semester. We’ll take a 2-week hiatus in the beginning of block 1 and then start up again with those we missed.
There's a 40-minute video provided by Cisco that's a good starting point for learning the features of your new phone.