Frequently Asked Questions
Who pays for what in managed print?
Almost everything is paid for centrally by the program (and not you or your department). More specifically, central MPS pays for:
- The purchase cost of the devices
- Toner (Color as well as B&W)
- Paper (standard 8.5 x 11 with partial post-consumer recycled content)
- Maintenance (break / fix)
- Non standard paper (i.e. letterhead, 11 x 17, etc.)
What about printing confidential documents?
The new devices we are ordering for the managed print system have a feature called "Secure Print" - this allows you to send a print job to a printer, but it will not come out until you are physically at the printer and type in your custom code. This should allow you to print confidential documents without worrying about others seeing them.
Who can print to the MPS printers?
Any member of the CC community can print to any of the printers - they are resources provided by the college for all to use, rather than owned by specific departments or individuals.