Systems Maintenance Schedule for 2013-14
Systems may be down every Thursday from 3:00 AM - 5:00 AM as needed.
- Monday, August 12, 2013 -- ALL DAY (second Monday after Block C)
- Thursday, September 26, 2013 from 3:00 AM - 7:00 AM
- Thursday, October 24, 2013 from 3:00 AM - 7:00 AM
- Thursday, November 21, 2013 from 3:00 AM - 7:00 AM
- Monday, December 23, 2013 -- ALL DAY (Winter Break)
- Thursday, February 13, 2014 from 3:00 AM - 7:00 AM
- Thursday, March 13, 2014 from 3:00 AM - 7:00 AM
- Thursday, April 17, 2014 from 3:00 AM - 7:00 AM
- Thursday, May 15, 2014 from 3:00 AM - 7:00 AM
- Monday, August 11, 2014 -- ALL DAY (or whatever will be the second Monday after Block C)
ITS: must patch and update equipment regularly to protect Colorado College's IT environment. While we try to minimize the impact on users, we also occasionally need vendor support during maintenance cycles. Not all vendors are available 24x7, and some 24x7 support contracts are prohibitively expensive.
As a result, we have created a schedule with three different types of maintenance outages.
Thursdays from 3:00 AM - 5:00 AM
Most weeks we will not need to do any work during this window. However, if critical patches or fixes need to be applied outside the once-per-Block maintenance days, this is the time we plan to install them.
Once per Block maintenance days from 3:00 AM - 7:00 AM
Each Block Break on Thursday, we'll use this window (outside of working hours) to do regular updates and adjustments to systems. Unlike the weekly windows, there will always be systems downtime during these windows.
Twice per year ALL DAY maintenance days
With the majority of maintenance windows moved outside of business hours (see above), we should only need to interrupt regular work hours twice per year. In each case, we try to minimize the impact to the CC community by holding them during Winter Break and after Summer Session ends.