Cornerstone Media Labs
GIS Technical Director
Tutt Library Rm 130
o (719) 389-6130
CC students, staff, and faculty partner with Hrishi Ballal (on screen) of Geodesignhub, Colorado Springs Utilities, and other community members to participate in the International Geodesign Collaboration (https://www.envizz1.com/). The focus of first collaborative geodesign workshop was Campus/Creek relationships, following from “The Monument Creek Project Phase II” supported by Innovation and SOTR in Summer 2018.
Check here for projects we're participating in and other GIS bits:
What we do:
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with all things geospatial
- Half Block and Summer Block B course: EV127:Intro to GIS
- Provide student adjunct opportunities
- Train students to be GIS Lab employees and student mentors
- Host classes that want to utilize geospatial technologies
- Provide research design consultations
- Support GIS use in faculty and student research projects
- Assist and train faculty to integrate GIS in classes and research
- Training on data design, data collection, and data visualization
- Digital Liberal Arts (DLA) and Digital Humanities (DH) projects
- Host GIS Conferences to promote local and regional collaboration
- Provide continuing education for alumni
- Installation and licensing of GIS software on CC student's, faculty's, and staff's computers
The lab is staffed from 8:30 AM – 5 PM, Monday through Friday. Lab is open until 10 PM everyday.
Reserving Lab for Courses:
You may request a lab reservation through Outlook Calendar or Office 365. Please contact Matt Cooney if you need assistance.
Contact Matt Cooney
Lab space is limited, so please read and follow lab protocols so we can make the best use of our time and space.