Dear Campus Community,
As of March 6, 2019, Colorado College will no longer offer Lynda.com as an on-demand training option. LinkedIn, which owns Lynda.com, is discontinuing their Lynda.com product and folding their online training into LinkedIn Learning, which uses a licensing model that currently does not fit the college’s needs.
ITS: is investigating on-demand training options and will announce our top candidates and do a brief demonstration of those offerings at an upcoming Tech Tuesday. We’ll then ask for feedback on which one the College should license.
If you wish to continue using Lynda.com, Pikes Peak Library District (PPLD) offers its users access to Lynda.com for free – visit PPLD.org/library-card-application to find out how to get a library card and avail yourself of their Lynda.com.
There are several good alternatives to Lynda.com:
- Several courses are available - all free.
- Coursera offers a mix of on-demand and scheduled courses, as well as free & pay courses.
- Future Learn
- Future Learn offers courses online in a more traditional date and enrollment-based format. New courses start all the time, so check out their free course catalog. They also offer fee-based programs.
- Khan Academy
- This site offers classes on academic topics, as well as test preparation and college & career courses.
- Offers several free classes, but the sign up process makes it seem like you have to sign up for a premium account.
- 13 code and programming courses
- Many courses on computer and data science, as well as business and career development.