As of March 6, 2019, Colorado College no longer offers Lynda.com as an on-demand training option. LinkedIn, which owns Lynda.com, is discontinuing their Lynda.com product and folding their online training into LinkedIn Learning, which uses a licensing model that currently does not fit the college’s needs.
If you wish to continue using Lynda.com, Pikes Peak Library District (PPLD) offers its users access to Lynda.com for free – visit PPLD.org/library-card-application to find out how to get a library card and avail yourself of their Lynda.com.
For Photoshop and other Adobe learning needs, you can visit "The Hub" online or Adobe's education center:
Microsoft has a lot of online training available:
There are several good alternatives to Lynda.com:
- Several courses are available - all free.
- Coursera offers a mix of on-demand and scheduled courses, as well as free & pay courses.
- Future Learn
- Future Learn offers courses online in a more traditional date and enrollment-based format. New courses start all the time, so check out their free course catalog. They also offer fee-based programs.
- Khan Academy
- This site offers classes on academic topics, as well as test preparation and college & career courses.
- Offers several free classes, but the sign up process makes it seem like you have to sign up for a premium account.
- 13 code and programming courses
- Many courses on computer and data science, as well as business and career development.