Mac Printing Alternate Method
Mac instructions (alternate)
- First, open the Apple menu and select "System Preferences."
- Second, select "Printers & Scanners."
- Third, click the "+" and select "Add Printer or Scanner."
- Fourth, hold the control key on the keyboard and click in the empty space in the menu next to the search field until you see a small menu pop up. Choose "customize toolbar" from that menu.
- Fifth, click and drag the "advanced" sprocket icon onto the menu and then click "Done."
- Sixth, click the "advanced" sprocket in the menu and wait for a moment for it to load, then set the fields as follows:
- Type: change to "Windows printer via spoolss"
- URL: type smb://print-01.coloradocollege.edu/papercut
- Name: type whatever you want, we suggest "papercut"
- Use: set to "Generic PostScript Printer"
- Click "Add"
- Seventh, indicate that the printer does have a duplexer
- Last, try to print something and it will ask for your username and password. It will autofill the wrong username (firstlast). Make sure you change this to your cc username (usually f_last, ex. j_doe) and then enter your password.