- First , open the Apple menu and select "System Preferences."
- Second, select "Printers & Scanners."
- Third, click the "+."
- Fourth, click on the "Default" option and choose "PaperCut."
- Change the "Name" field to PaperCut as well (recommended but not required, name it what you wish)
- The "Use" dropdown should automatically fill in with "Secure AirPrint." If it doesn't, cancel out of the window and reboot. Then start over at Step 1.
- The first time you print, it will ask for your username and password. It will autofill the wrong username (firstlast). Make sure you change this to your cc username (usually f_last, ex. j_doe)
If you install PaperCut and jobs don't display on the printer to release, it usually means that they are still spooling. If a "Hold for Authentication" error appears, there is some kind of problem with the username and password you entered. If you told it to remember your username and password, search for "keychain access" and delete the keychain labeled "papercut" - it should then prompt for your username and password again. If coloradcollege.edu\f_last doesn't work, try it again without the ".edu" (coloradocollege\f_last).
- Click on the "Start Menu." or the magnifying glass icon if Windows 8.
- In the search box, type "cmd."
- In the command prompt, type: start\\print.coloradocollege.edu\papercut
- Note that you can also bypass papercut and map directly to a specific printer. Just type the appropriate printer name here instead of "papercut"
- Hit, "Enter," on your keyboard to process the command.
- Wait for the system to add your printer.
- When asked for a username and password, use your CC network account username in this format: coloradocollege\username (f_last).
- Example: coloradocollege.edu\j_doe
- Make sure you check the box that says "Remember credentials."