- First, open the Apple menu and select "System Preferences."
- Second, select "Printers & Scanners."
- Third, click the "+" and select "Add Printer or Scanner."
- Fourth, click on the "IP" option at the top and fill out the fields as follows:
- "Address" should be print.coloradocollege.edu
- "Protocol" should be Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- "Queue" should be the printer name, for example lib1-bw1
- "Name" can be anything, we suggest making it the same as Queue, for example lib1-bw1
- "Use" should be set to Generic PostScript Printer
- Note that if you want to print in color, you'll need the specific driver. Download the driver package from Apple's website and install it, then in the "Use" field, choose "select software" and search for the model of the printer you are adding.
- Click Add
- Fifth, indicate that the printer does have a duplex printing unit.
- Click on the "Start Menu." or the magnifying glass icon if Windows 8.
- In the search box, type "cmd."
- In the command prompt, type: start\\print.coloradocollege.edu\printername
- Example: start\\print.coloradocollege.edu\lib1-bw1
- List of printers on campus
- Hit, "Enter," on your keyboard to process the command.
- Wait for the system to add your printer.