Import Content From A Previous Course
To import content into a new Canvas course from an old one, it’s easiest to start in the NEW course.
- Go into the new course and click on “Settings” at the bottom left of the course page.
- On the page that opens, click on the “Import Content into this Course” button on the right of the screen.
- On the page that opens, at the top, choose “Copy a Canvas Course” from the Content Type dropdown menu at the top of the page.
- Below the dropdown menu, a new set of options will appear. In the “Search for a Course”
box, choose the previous course with the content you want added to your new course. The
courses will be divided by semester.
- Below your course selection, choose either to import all content from the old course or to
select specific content.
- Click the “Import” button. If you chose to select specific content, you will be asked to select
the content after you’ve clicked the import button. Next to the course copy status bar, an
message will indicate that the system is waiting for select. Click the button to the right of that
message. On the screen that opens, you can select individual pieces of content to copy into the