Skip to main content area Skip to institutional navigation Skip to sub-navigation
Adam Freierman - The Sun Sets on the Andaman Vert

International Faculty

Block Visitors – Teaching and Research

The Office of International Programs administers Colorado College's Exchange Visitor Program and issues the Form DS-2019 that exchange visitors use to apply at a U.S. embassy or consulate for the J-1 visa to enter the United States. The Exchange Visitor Program (J-1) is carried out by the Department of State (DOS) pursuant to the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act of 1961. Its purpose is to enhance the understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries through educational and cultural exchanges.

For a complete list of rules and regulations regarding the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program, please visit the J-1 visa website for more detailed information. It is important that during your stay in the US you maintain lawful J-1 status, as failure to do so can have serious short-term and long-term consequences.

Our office, the Dean’s office, and your host department will work closely with you to obtain your visa, arrange housing and assist you after your arrival on campus.

Tenure Track Faculty

The Office of International Programs, in conjunction with an immigration law firm, handles all H-1B applications for individuals who will be working at Colorado College. Our office will work closely with you prior to your arrival on campus to start the immigration process. Once you have accepted an offer of employment by Colorado College, please contact our office at 719/227-8282 so that we may begin the process.