Skip to main content area Skip to institutional navigation Skip to sub-navigation
Adam Freierman - The Sun Sets on the Andaman Vert

CC Faculty

Are you teaching abroad?

Blocks Off-Campus (summer session): Call for proposals for summer 2015

Deadline for submission is Monday, September 29th.  Please submit proposals for off-campus courses to Inger Bull via email:  Be certain to submit three pieces for each proposal: Proposal form (below), budget form (below), syllabus (free form).  

Call for proposals from Dean's Office

Information to assist in your off-campus proposal

Off-Campus Summer Course Proposal Form

Off-Campus Course Budget Form


Blocks Off-Campus (academic year) & CC Semesters Abroad

A block or semester off-campus during the regular academic year is an incredible opportunity for faculty and students to investigate a topic from multiple perspectives while being immersed in a relevant location. If you would like to offer a Block abroad during the academic year, contact the Office of International Programs (OIP) for relevant proposal information and deadlines.

The Office of International Programs  has developed a faculty guide for developing and leading blocks abroad.

Faculty Guide: Section A: Getting started with blocks abroad
Faculty Guide: Section B: Emergency Procedures during blocks abroad


Are you travelling abroad on college business?

For BUSINESS travel: Colorado College contracts with International SOS ( to provide faculty and staff with emergency assistance services in case of medical, political, or natural disaster emergencies and with University Health Partners (UHP) to provide health insurance abroad. These two coverages are provided at no cost to you when you are on business travel for the College.  You must register your trip with our office to ensure coverage while abroad. You now register online through the Summit system -> log in to Summit through the CC Single Sign-In page using your CC login.  Then choose "Office of International Programs" and then "Travel Abroad SOS Registration."  You can find the UHP policy details here.  

For PERSONAL travel: As an employee benefit you and your dependents are automatically covered by United Healthcare Global emergency assistance.  This covers you and your dependents when you travel more than 100 miles from home, including international travel, for a maximum of 180 days.  United Healthcare Global is not health insurance but rather emergency assistance and medical evacuation coverage.  You can print a card and read more information about coverage here.