Supervisor Instructions for Preparing the Annual Staff Evaluations
Instructions to Supervisors – You must have approval from your respective cabinet member before meeting with staff for their performance review.
- Complete all assessment areas. The Supervisor section need only be completed for those staff who directly supervisor other staff and/or student workers.
- You must seek feedback from colleagues that the staff person has listed on his/her self-review. You can do this by phone or via email. You are expected to consider this feedback in your overall assessment of performance.
- Determine which description best describes overall performance.
- Save the evaluation form as a PDF document.
- Meet with the staff person to discuss his/her performance and to establish goals for the coming year. Following this meeting and based on the conversation you have with your staff, you may make adjustments to the evaluation.
- Review the staff person’s job description. If changes are made, send an updated job description to HR along with what changes were made and rationale for those changes.
- Sign and date the evaluation form and ensure that the staff person receives a copy. Retain a copy for your files. Obtain signatures from your department director and division head. Forward the signed form to Human Resources.
Overall Performance Descriptions
- Met expectations and goals in all areas of performance and made significant additional contributions to the college.
- Met expectations and goals in all areas of performance.
- Met expectations and goals in most areas of performance.
- Job performance is not acceptable. An improvement plan is needed.
- Efforts to improve performance have not been successful.