Instructions for Preparing the Annual Evaluation
Instructions to Staff – You will use the evaluation form located on the HR website for your self review. After you finish your self-evaluation, send the form to your supervisor for his/her review of your performance.
- Staff must complete the self review and "Core Competencies" sections. The "Supervisor Competencies" section need only be completed for those staff who directly supervise other staff and/or student workers.
- Supervisors must seek feedback from colleagues that the staff person has listed on his/her self-review and consider this feedback in the overall assessment of performance.
- Supervisors determine which description best describes overall performance.
- Supervisors must meet with the staff person to discuss his/her performance.
- Review the staff person's job description. If changes are made, send an updated job description to HR along with what changes were made and rationale for those changes.
- The form can be signed and dated electronically and forwarded as an email attachment for signatures, or printed out and hand-delivered for signatures. The staff member should receive a copy of the evaluation. Send the signed form as an email attachment to Lisa Brommer (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Human Resources.