General Campus Information


A. Safety and Security

B. Severe Weather

C. Smoking in the Workplace

D. Personal Property

E. Bicycle Use

F. Children in the Workplace

G. Dogs on Campus

H. College Identification Card (Gold Card)

I. Keys

J. Lost and Found

K. Parking

Safety and Security

Colorado College makes every attempt to ensure that the environment is safe for students, faculty, staff, and visitors and places a high priority on the identification and remediation of situations which are potentially unsafe or damaging.

When potential safety concerns are observed, staff must:

  • Contact Campus Safety at 719-389-6707 OR
  • Call 911

When potential environmental protection concerns exist, staff must:

Emergency Telephones

Emergency telephones are located at strategic points around the campus. These telephones are for use in the event of an emergency. Campus Safety will respond immediately to the location of the call. Please see the Campus map for the locations of these telephones.

Campus Safety Services

Staff are encouraged to call 719-389-6340 for an escort if they arrive or leave the campus during the dark or work on weekends or holidays.

The Campus Safety Department has professional safety officers who are dedicated to providing a safe environment 24/7. Campus Safety has formed a cooperative relationship with the Colorado Springs Police Department, which assists in patrolling the campus to keep our community safe.

The security of faculty, staff, and students, along with college and personal property is a responsibility of all persons at Colorado College. All members of the college community should immediately report any unusual or questionable persons or situations. All offices, storage areas and academic buildings should be locked when appropriate and personal belongings should be secured out of sight.

Severe Weather

Absent the college closing due to hazardous weather conditions, staff should consider their safety in determining when, or if, to report to work and communicate their availability to their supervisors during periods of severe weather. Staff who choose not to report to work due to weather conditions even though the college is open must use a vacation day, personal day, leave without pay, or adjust their work schedule.

Complete information can be found in the Severe Weather Policy.

Smoking in the Workplace

Smoking is not allowed in any college-owned, -leased, or -operated buildings, building entrances, or in college owned vehicles. Effective January 1, 2018, smoking and the use of other tobacco products is prohibited on all college property.

Complete information can be found in the Smoke and Tobacco Free Campus Policy.

Personal Property

The college assumes no responsibility for the loss or damage of a staff member's personal property.

Bicycle Use

Bicycles are not permitted inside buildings, with the exception that staff may bring their bicycles into their offices for safekeeping.

Bicycles blocking entryways, doors, stairwell banisters, or ramps will be picked up and held by Campus Safety or residence hall staff. Hindering traffic flow in and out of buildings violates both the City fire code and College policy. Parked bicycles should be kept locked at all times.

Complete information can be found in the Bicycle, Motorized Scooter, Inline Skate, and Skateboard Policy.

Children in the Workplace

Under most circumstances, bringing children to your office or workspace during regular business hours is not appropriate. When a situation exists where you feel it is necessary to bring your child to work, please obtain prior approval from your supervisor.

Dogs on Campus

Dogs may be allowed in college buildings with prior approval from your immediate supervisor. Dogs should not be left unattended in offices or tethered on campus. Any dog that becomes a nuisance will be permanently barred from the building and/or the campus.

Complete information can be found in the Campus Dog Policy.

The Campus Dog Policy does not apply to service animals. The College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) on Service Animals.

College Identification Card (Gold Card)

Eligible CC employees will be issued an identification card that allows them and eligible dependents access to Tutt Library, the college fitness center, and tickets for campus events. Please contact the staff at the Worner Center desk for additional information.


Campus keys are issued at Facilities Services and can only be duplicated by Facilities Services. You will be charged for lost keys and you may not pay the charge from departmental funds. Broken keys will be replaced without charge when returned to Facilities Services. When your employment ends, you must return all keys to Facilities Services.

Lost and Found

Lost or found articles should be reported to Worner Center information desk. Lost or found keys should be reported immediately to Campus Safety Department.


Colorado College parking hang tags are required for students, faculty, and staff for all vehicles parked on campus during the academic year. Vehicles must be registered at Campus Safety within one week after arrival and a payment plan selected if parking on campus.

Report an issue - Last updated: 01/20/2021