Staff Personnel/ Position Action Forms
The steps are discussed more in-depth below, but here are some points to ensure the process runs effectively:
- Supervisors should submit the Justification Form.
- HR will review the Justification Form, and initiate the SPAF in Adobe.
- Additional approvers will receive an email (from Adobe) when the SPAF needs their signature. Supervisors should also notify those individuals that a SPAF is coming through Adobe Sign.
- First-time approvers may need to authenticate their signature through Adobe, so watch for additional instructions or emails to confirm signature.
- All Approvers will receive an email from Adobe Sign when the SPAF has been approved by all signers.
Steps for a Supervisor:
1. Submit a Justification Form
Please note - due to COVID-19, all changes need a justification form submitted before the SPAF should initiated. HR will review the justification form and follow up with any questions or approval to proceed with the SPAF.
2. HR will review the Justification Form and initiate the SPAF in Adobe Sign.
Please note - due to COVID-19, all SPAFs will need to be routed through the Budget and Finance Offices for approval until further notice.
- HR will be attaching the submitted Justification Form and the impacted Job Description to the SPAF, so those will be reviewable through Adobe Sign.
3. Signers will receive an email (from Adobe) when the SPAF requires their approval.
- "Next Level Approver" - HR will coordinate this signature (which occurs between Department Head and Cabinet Member) if necessary. This is most common the Academic Administration and Student Life divisions.
- Each signer will be able to attach documents to the SPAF - this could include emails or other documentation related to the position request.
4. Each signer will receive an email (from Adobe) when the SPAF has been finalized and approved.
- HR will be in contact for next steps.
- Justification Form - please submit the justification form before completing the SPAF.
- HR will review and follow-up with questions or clarifications.
- Once HR approves the request, use the link below to submit the SPAF.
Please note: due to COVID-19, all SPAFS need to be routed through the Budget and Finance Offices for approval until further notice.
- Help Page - (coming soon)