Employee Ethnicity Survey
The federal standard has changed to provide a common language that promotes uniformity and comparability for the collection and reporting of data on race and ethnicity. A two-question format is now required, and individuals may identify with more than one race. Please answer both questions.
Also, please take note of the following definitions:
- American Indian or Alaska Native - a person having origins in any of the original peoples of North, South, or Central America.
- Asian - a person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian continent, including, for example Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Black or African American - a person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.
- Hispanic or Latino/Latina - a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American descent, or of other Spanish culture or origin.
- Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander - a person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.
- White - a person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.