Skip to main content area Skip to institutional navigation Skip to sub-navigation
Skip to main content

Slocum Hall


Built in 1953-54, Slocum is home to approximately 270 first and second-year students. It is located on the east side of campus, giving closer access to some of the science buildings and the activities on the east side. Slocum houses a substance free wing and offers a limited number of larger triple rooms where students can live with two others rather than just one roommate. Among the improvements made in the 1996 renovation of Slocum are a new “Common Room,” which is used by the entire campus for meetings, presentations, and other group activities; sand volleyball courts located outside; and an enclosed bicycle storage area outside. There is a classroom, kitchen, laundry facilities, computer room, sun deck, and study lounges.

SLOCUM HALL
BUILDING
AMENITIES
130 East Cache La Poudre
Kitchen 
Yes
East Campus
Laundry 
Yes
Type: Traditional
Lounge 
Yes; Piano, Fireplace, Flat-Screen TV
Theme: None
Wireless 
Yes
Halls: Substance-Free; 24-Hour Quiet Wing
Game Room 
Yes; Pool Table, Foosball Table
First-Year & Sophomores: 274
Thermostat 
Heat Only
Resident Advisors: 11
Carpet 
No
Residential Life Coordinator: 1
Bike Rack 
Yes; Additional Bike Shed
Floor Plans: First; Second
Key Type 
Exterior: Swipe Card; Interior: Key
Floor Plans: Third, Fourth
List of Room dimensions
Other 
Classroom, Volleyball Court