Mathias Hall was named after Henry Edwin Mathias, a professor of geology and an administrator who served the college in many different offices from 1927-1966.
Mathias houses 296 students. It is home to two Living and Learning Communities. Mathias was renovated in 2010 and has great facilities, such as a theater-style TV lounge, sound-proof music practice room, and an outside bicycle storage area.
The “Local Goods” convenience store and the basketball and sand volleyball courts right outside Mathias draw students from all over campus.