Skip to main content

Housing Options

For housing purposes, semesters on campus determine class standing. We do not use credits to determine class standing.

  • First Years are students with 0-1 completed on-campus semesters.
  • Sophomores are students with 2-3 completed on-campus semesters.
  • Juniors are students with 4-5 completed on-campus semesters.
  • Seniors are students with 6 or more completed on-campus semesters.

Traditional Halls

Traditional Halls are available to first year through senior students.

Small Houses

Small Houses are available to sophomore through senior students.

Living and Learning Communities and Theme Housing Options


Apartments are available to junior and senior students only.



General Information

If you are an incoming fall start student, you will receive a letter from Colorado College at the beginning of June which will include your Colorado College ID number, Colorado College email address and login information for Banner. You will receive newsletters regarding housing information throughout the summer months.

If you are a winter start student, you will begin receiving housing information in October. The initial email will contain instructions for completing the online housing agreement and preference information.

You will need to use your CC username and password to access the Banner Student Housing App.

If you are a Transfer student, students transferring in as third-year students are eligible for small houses and apartments. Students transferring in as second-year students may be placed in a small house, or they may also live in one of the three large residence halls where a majority of other second-year are housed in traditional halls along with first-year students.

If you are a Returning student, you will receive email notifications from the Office of Housing and your RLCs with information of upcoming housing deadlines, housing lottery information, and opportunities to live in a theme house or Living & Learning Communities (LLC).

All students are responsible for notifying Housing of changes in their housing plans related to any extended time away from campus such as: Anticipated Leave of Absence or Study Abroad for two consecutive (or more) BLOCKS.

Please contact our Housing Manager at with additional questions.

Housing Accommodations

Students requesting disability-related accommodations (e.g., accessible housing, access to a kitchen or single-use bathroom, visual alarm) must do so through the office of Accessibility Resources (719-227-8285; Armstrong Hall, Room #219; In order to allow sufficient time for the college to evaluate and respond to requests for accommodations and to work with Housing timelines, please schedule a meeting with Accessibility Resources no later than February 17 to discuss your request and obtain a "Housing Accommodation Request Form." Accessibility Resources and Housing will carefully consider requests for accommodations on a case-by-case basis to ensure that students with disabilities have equitable access to the college's housing resources. Please visit "Housing Accommodations" for more information.

Gender Neutral Housing

Click here to read our Gender Neutral Housing Guide

Microfridge and Safe Information

Click here to read about our Microfridges and Safes

Smudging Policy

Click here to access the Ceremonial Use Form

Report an issue - Last updated: 07/02/2021