How to Become a Certified Driver
How to obtain Certification to Drive for Colorado College:
- Bring a current and valid driver’s license to the front office of Facilities Services located at 1125 Glen Avenue. (The old Van Briggle Building) between the hours of 8:00-4:30, Monday through Friday.
- Sign the release form authorizing Colorado College to conduct a check of your Motor Vehicle Report, also known as a MVR. (this process may take 3-10 business days, so plan accordingly)
- If you are a student or will be driving for the athletic department, you will need to take two on-line driving courses. One will cover driving and the other will cover Colorado College policy. These tests will be e-mailed to you from AlertDriving.com
*If you have a driver’s license issued from Alaska, California, Pennsylvania or New Hampshire, you will need to order the Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) yourself as these states only allow the driver to obtain this information. There is usually a fee associated with this which is not reimbursable. You will be provided information on how to obtain your MVR from these above listed states.
Driver certification needs to be completed on an annual basis.
Use of College Vehicles upon *Certification of Driver:
Vehicles are available to all faculty, administration and staff members for College related activities only.
Students are allowed to drive College vehicles only when the trips are approved and/or arranged by a professor, administrator or advisor.
Vehicles are never authorized for personal use.
Persons driving College vehicles must have the following:
- A current and valid U.S. driver’s license
- A good driving record
- Insurable by the conditions set forth by Colorado College’s Insurance carrier
Driver’s going outside of city limits must be 20 years of age.
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE NOT ALLOWED IN COLLEGE VEHICLES
NO SMOKING IN COLLEGE VEHICLES
DRIVERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE CELL PHONES WHILE OPERATING THE VEHICLE
*Certification is an absolute must before driving for Colorado College activities.
No one is allowed to drive until all information has been received in Facilities Services.