Annual Adam Valdez Excellence in Facilities Services Award 2017
This award recognizes a Facilities Services employee who for the past 5 years has demonstrated the Facilities core values of accountability, excellence, respect, versatility and social responsibility as well as meeting or exceeding one or more of the following criteria:
- Communicates in a manner which is fair, straightforward, honorable and open.
- Demonstrates extraordinary commitment by continuously providing excellent customer service.
- Sets a high standard of integrity by leading through example and maintains high personal standards. Demonstrates professional leadership skills, including diplomacy, knowledge, and skill. Respected for integrity.
- Displays and practices exemplary behavior at all times.
- Always available to assist, values team success.
- Motivates and inspires the people around them to accomplish more than they would have normally. Inspirational role model.
- Implements solution based ideas that have a positive impact on the organization to include cost savings, efficiencies gained and process improvement.
- Consistently exceeds expectations, takes initiative to get things done and puts in extra effort.
- Initiates and maintains sustainable, collaborative partnerships within the Colorado College community and other organizations.
- Takes positive steps to create a culture and climate of respect and inclusion for diversity in the workplace.
- Demonstrates an exceptional proficiency and quality in their work.
Who can nominate:
- Any member of the Colorado College Community can nominate a Facilities Services employee.
- The nominee must be a current full or part time employee of Facilities Services, exempt or non-exempt, working at Facilities for a minimum of 5 years.
- Recipients must be on Colorado College payroll at the time of the award ceremony.
- A recipient cannot receive the award again in a five year period.
Who is not eligible?
- Director of Facilities
- Deputy Director of Facilities
- Campus Planner
- Campus Operations and Plant Manager
Nominations must be sent to Laurice.Rovella@ColoradoCollege.edu by noon on December 1, 2017.
Winners will be announced at the Annual Facilities Holiday Party, December 20, 2017.