Life of the Mind Grant
The Life of the Mind Grant supports established and new groups of students (minimum of three students) and provides funding for long-range, sustainable projects of an academic nature that enhance academic life on campus, bring new ideas to the student body, and enrich the Colorado College community.
- The grant is for student groups of three or more students.
- The proposal should be academic in nature and should benefit the CC Community.
- The student group must have a faculty or staff mentor engaged with professional expertise in the project proposed and fully engaged in/consulted during development of the project.
- Students applying must be registered full time at CC.
Examples of projects previously awarded include:
- Independently created student publications;
- Support for philanthropic fundraising opportunities;
- Bringing academic speakers to campus;
- Public art projects;
- Small academic symposiums;
- Seed money for student mentoring groups.
- Proposals are reviewed each block by the Dean’s Advisory Committee.
- Applications are due the second Monday of each block, at 5:00 pm (completed on Summit) and include: Project Statement, Itemized Budget, Faculty/Staff mentor recommendation, IRB approval (if needed).
- The Dean’s Advisory Committee meets the third Thursday of each block to review with notification by the final Wednesday of the block.
For more information, contact Lisa Schwartz, Student Collaborative Research Program Coordinator, 719-389-6685.