The Colorado College Writing Center, located in the Tutt Library Learning Commons, offers students the opportunity to work through their writing process and improve the way they express their ideas by participating in individualized conferences with trained peer consultants and professional staff.
At the Writing Center you can:
- Receive one-on-one consultation at any stage of any writing project
- Set up on-going tutorials if you feel you need more consistent help with your writing
- Use our library of reference books, including citation guides
- Practice an oral presentation
- Learn how to become a Writing Center Consultant
Note: The Writing Center provides an opportunity for writers to work through and collaborate on their writing before they submit it for evaluation; it is not a remedial service. While we assist writers at all stages of the writing process, the quality of the final product rests with the writer.
- Classroom Visits
- Continuing tutorials for students with serious writing issues, students working on major projects, or speakers of English as a second language
- Adjunct and Extended Format Class in Writing Practicum, Advanced Written Practice in English as a Second Language, and Advanced Oral Practice in English as a Second Language
The Learning Commons
Phone: (719) 389-6742
Fax: (719) 389-6180
Monday through Thursday:
10.00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
If you need tutoring outside those times please contact us.
Monday through Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.