The Ruth Barton Writing Center
Our student tutors and professional staff work six days a week to help provide feedback and assistance at any stage of the writing process for students, faculty, and staff. More than simply providing a proofreading service, our consultants work to help you develop your overall abilities as a writer to increase your success across the curriculum here at Colorado College*.
Please use the navigation bar at the left side of the screen to access our appointment calendar, resources, or staff profiles.
The Writing Center, located in Tutt Library's Colket Center for Academic Excellence, offers both scheduled and walk-in consultations during which students can:
- Receive single or ongoing consultations on any writing piece, at any stage of the process
- Meet with tutors who share your interests and majors
- Consult with an English as a Second Language specialist
- Practice and receive feedback on oral presentations
- Use our library of reference books, including the latest citation guides
To schedule an appointment, click here for our appointment calendar.First time visitors to the Writing Center will need to register for an account using their Colorado College email address.
LIKE us on Facebook to receive news and invitations to workshops and other special events that are sponsored by The Ruth Barton Writing Center!
*While the Writing Center provides opportunities for collaborative feedback on individual writing pieces, the quality of the final product alwasy rests with the writer.