Sophomore Jump Program
The Sophomore Jump Program provides all sophomore students at Colorado College with opportunities to grow and develop personally, academically, and socially throughout their sophomore year.
Students who participate in the Sophomore Jump Program will:
- Develop their sense of belonging on campus, as well as their strategies for achieving academic success and personal well-being
- Cultivate relationships with faculty beyond their advisors and professors
- Understand different academic programs available at CC and possess the tools to make informed decisions about their majors by the end of the academic year
- Learn about off-campus and study-abroad programs, as well as grant, fellowship, and research opportunities, in order to maximize their time and experience at CC
- Know how to find and apply for internships and how to narrate their experiences to potential employers
Block 7 Programming
- PLANNING STUDY ABROAD
Friday, Mar. 19, 12:15-1:30 p.m., Tutt Library 238
Are you hoping to study for a semester or year off-campus, but you're not really sure how to pick a program and where to start? Join Heather Powell Browne as she helps you get started on defining your academic goals, available program options, timing, credit transfer, and other important considerations for your global educational adventure! Pizza will be provided.
- BEYOND SCHMOOZING - THE ART OF NETWORKING
Wednesday, Apr. 9, 12:15-1:30 p.m., Tutt Library 238
Who you know is important, but who knows about you is critical. Come practice your social networking skills and interpersonal techniques as well as learn tips for using networking tools to broaden your network of connections. SPACE IS LIMITED; RSVP to email@example.com by Monday, April 7 to reserve a spot. Lunch will be provided.
For a full list of programming for the 18-19 Academic Year, please click here.
Please check back often as we add events as they come up! For more information, please contact Brett Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once each block, twenty sophomore students meet with a professor for a meal in the new library. Over dinner, professors share their academic autobiography with the students and advise students about the opportunities available at CC and beyond. Dinners are limited to the first 20 students who RSVP and generally take place on the second Tuesday of each Block at 6:00 pm.
|Block 1||9/4/2018||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Professor Eli Fahrenkrug|
|Block 2||10/2/2018||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Professor Amanda Minervini|
|Block 3||10/30/2018||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Professor Rushaan Kumar|
|Block 4||12/4/2018||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Professor Christina Rader|
|Block 5||1/29/2019||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Professor Sylvan Goldberg|
|Block 6||2/26/2019||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Professor Jessica Kinsuzu|
|Block 7||4/2/2019||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Professor Ryan Platt|
For more information, please contact Brett Gray at email@example.com.