Sophomore Jump Program
The Sophomore Jump Program provides all sophomore students at Colorado College with opportunities to grow and develop personally, academically, and socially throughout their sophomore year.
Students who participate in the Sophomore Jump Program will:
- Continue to develop their sense of belonging on campus, as well as their strategies for achieving academic success and personal well-being
- Cultivate relationships with faculty beyond their advisors and professors
- Understand different academic programs available at CC and possess the tools to make informed decisions about their majors by the end of the academic year
- Learn about off-campus and study-abroad programs, as well as grant, fellowship, and research opportunities, in order to maximize their time and experience at CC
- Know how to find and apply for internships and how to narrate their experiences to potential employers
Please check back often as we add events as they come up! For more information, please contact Brett Gray at email@example.com.
Once each block, twenty sophomore students meet with a professor for a meal in the new library. Over dinner, professors share their academic autobiography with the students and advise students about the opportunities available at CC and beyond. Dinners are limited to the first 20 students who RSVP and generally take place on the second Tuesday of each Block at 6:00 pm.
|Block 1||9/5/2017||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Professor Clay Haskell|
|Block 2||10/3/2017||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Professor Dan Johnson|
|Block 3||11/2/2017||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Professor Corina McKendry|
|Block 4||12/5/2017||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Professor Karen Roybal|
|Block 5||1/30/2018||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Professor Richard Buxton|
|Block 6||2/27/2018||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Professor Bill Davis|
|Block 8||5/1/2018||6 p.m.||Tutt Library Room 238||Professor Sara Hanson|
For more information, please contact Brett Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org.