LA Program Objectives
Objectives of the Learning Assistant program at Colorado College:
- To deepen the connection between classroom instruction and academic support.
- To provide math/science tutors with opportunities to be mentored by faculty and to be leaders in a classroom setting.
- To attract quality students into teaching.
- To establish a tutoring program through the QRC that has several levels of commitment, expectations and rewards.
- To enable students to review and strengthen their understanding of course content and concepts.